ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming Child Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vickivic
Newly Registered

claiming Child Benefit

Post by vickivic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi i am currently on a two year visa and about to progress my application for INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN I WAS NOT SURE ABOUT APPLYING FOR child benifits i have got a 5 month old baby with my husband who is british i have called to child benefits department to confirm if i am entitled to receive child benefits they said that i am entitled even if i am no recourse to public funds will this affect my application?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:09 pm

That should all be fine because i hold ILR and my wife is on student visa with no access to funds condition but i applied for it under my name and received the 1st payment this week.

Mind you that if your baby is 5 months old, you will only receive last 3 months benefits.

Go ahead and apply for it without any problem.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.