ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 and maintenance funds clause

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Tier 4 and maintenance funds clause

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Dear forum members, I have read Tier 4 statement of intent in detail however could not find anything to in detail about maintanence funds requirement. I also tried to explore UKBA web site main page for Tier 4 students but could not find to the point information about the maintenance funds clause.

Things I am not clear are:

1. Who can be sponsor?
2. How long the amount needs to be in the sponsor's account?
3. If someone sells the land or property and money is originated from that source then is that acceptable?
4. For those already in the U.K extending their student visas, can they have sponsors or money needs to be in students account? If they can have sponsor then how long for money (say £9600 needs to be in the sponor's account) if the student is showing his/her own bank statement then how long for money needs to be in his/her own account?

The thing is, when applying for EC how can this be justified that money is genuinely available and not borrowed.

I will be thankful if you could highlight the source of your answers...

I suppose, under points based system the above points should be black and white. If not then the PBS is useless and ECOs can accept or refuse applications at their will (just like before the launch of PBS...... Things should be black and white about maintenance funds as well.. just like as they are Black and white for Tier 1 application..

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

sorry..

Post by itsme_waqas » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:17 pm

sorry for a question out of topic but one thing came to mind that i should ask, a consultant told me that once u'r in the uk and then need visa extension for a new course, then u dont need to show a bank statement (containing a lot more money than its actually required). i'm quite a noob at this, so if someone can explain my question ??

regards
waqas

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 am

Rizwan,

There has been a Tier 4 Q&A issued in January 2009, however I only have a copy on my internal work site, can not find it on the UKBA outward facing site. Which is not really that helpful!

Have asked when they will put in on the outward site, should know by Friday.

The Q&A goes into the detail you are looking for.

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Rizwan,

There has been a Tier 4 Q&A issued in January 2009, however I only have a copy on my internal work site, can not find it on the UKBA outward facing site. Which is not really that helpful!

Have asked when they will put in on the outward site, should know by Friday.

The Q&A goes into the detail you are looking for.
Look forward to your reply.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Just keep checking the UKBA website for announcements I think.