ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional Arrangements

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

subhra28
Newly Registered

Transitional Arrangements

Post by subhra28 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:03 pm

I am now in UK under 1 Year International Graduates Sceme (IGS). My IGS will be finished on 25th of april. Than I am able to extend 1 more year. But I got a problem about my maintainable fund which is below 800 pound till date . There is no specified rules about transitional arrangement of IGS in the home office site. I just want know it will be a problem or not as because my bank balance is under 800 pound. If I maintain from today it will be less than 3 months. Can you help me to short out this problem. Alternatively can I extend IGS from India as I can show my fathers bank details as fund. My father got enough money in his account or I can add my name with him as it will be joint account. Please let me know how to short it out.

megastar
Newly Registered

Post by megastar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Nope. You need to maintain £800 even if it is transitional VISA. You get 85 out of 95 as you are on IGS. You must get 10 points for funds...

subhra28
Newly Registered

Post by subhra28 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 pm

megastar wrote:Nope. You need to maintain £800 even if it is transitional VISA. You get 85 out of 95 as you are on IGS.
Can I extend from India after maintain 2800 pond in my own a/c. But for that I have to wait till may. But my first term of IGS will be finished on 25th of april. Will it be a problem

subhra28
Newly Registered

Post by subhra28 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 pm

megastar wrote:Nope. You need to maintain £800 even if it is transitional VISA. You get 85 out of 95 as you are on IGS.
Can I extend from India after maintain 2800 pond in my own a/c. But for that I have to wait till may. But my first term of IGS will be finished on 25th of april. Will it be a problem

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

subhra28 wrote:
Hi Subhra,

I am in the same situation. My Igs visa expires on 5th March and i dnt have 800 pounds for last 3 months. I even contacted British High Commission in India to ask if they can tell me if i can apply for an an extension from india.

On the phone they said to me yes u can apply under PSW and if successful u will get one year of ur remaining visa.

then i even emailed them to have it as an evidence, both visa services and British High Commission said to me the following:

Kindly note that you cannot extend your IGS Visa from India but as suggested by VFS center you can apply under Post Study Work Visa .

Regards,
Casework Unit
UK border Agency

hank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query:

You can apply under Post Study Work visa for 1 year, from India.

For more information on this, if you would like to contact the British High Commission directly, you could write to visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk

Then i had a look at the application form which was VAF9 and also SELF-ASSESMENT FORM. in self assessment form under Part 7 - it says that tick the box if you have achieved your qualification in last 12 months for this application. So my concern was when i have already applied for IGS within last 12 months what shall i answer to this question.

Its just so complicated. Please let me know if you get any updates and I will do the same.

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Please note that you can only apply for the transitional arrangement (IGS to PSW) in the UK and not from your home country. The best place to consult in times of confusion like this is the Border Agency website itself.
Here is an extract from the website as regards your query:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transitional arrangements
This page explains the transitional arrangements for people who are currently in the United Kingdom and whose current or last grant of leave was in the schemes below.

How you can apply to stay under the transitional arrangements
You can apply to stay in the United Kingdom under the transitional arrangements of the post-study worker category if you are currently here or your last grant of leave was under the following existing categories:

Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme (SEGS); or
International Graduates Scheme (IGS); or
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme (FT: WISS).
If you were granted less than two years leave under the International Graduates Scheme or the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme, you will be able to apply for the post-study worker category under the transitional arrangements. These arrangements will allow you to get a total of up to two years' leave under a combination of your previous scheme and post-study worker.

If you are under the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, you will normally have been given two years' leave at the beginning and therefore will not need any transitional arrangements. However, if you were given less than two years' leave under the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, you can apply under the transitional arrangements in the post-study worker category to get a total of two years' leave under a combination of your previous scheme and the post-study worker category.

You will automatically meet the English language requirement if you are in the above categories.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 pm

koolbone wrote:Please note that you can only apply for the transitional arrangement (IGS to PSW) in the UK and not from your home country. The best place to consult in times of confusion like this is the Border Agency website itself.
Here is an extract from the website as regards your query:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transitional arrangements
This page explains the transitional arrangements for people who are currently in the United Kingdom and whose current or last grant of leave was in the schemes below.

How you can apply to stay under the transitional arrangements
You can apply to stay in the United Kingdom under the transitional arrangements of the post-study worker category if you are currently here or your last grant of leave was under the following existing categories:

Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme (SEGS); or
International Graduates Scheme (IGS); or
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme (FT: WISS).
If you were granted less than two years leave under the International Graduates Scheme or the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme, you will be able to apply for the post-study worker category under the transitional arrangements. These arrangements will allow you to get a total of up to two years' leave under a combination of your previous scheme and post-study worker.

If you are under the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, you will normally have been given two years' leave at the beginning and therefore will not need any transitional arrangements. However, if you were given less than two years' leave under the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, you can apply under the transitional arrangements in the post-study worker category to get a total of two years' leave under a combination of your previous scheme and the post-study worker category.

You will automatically meet the English language requirement if you are in the above categories.
Theres no such term of 'Transitional Arrangements' under Visa services website (for overseas applicants) from UKBA under PSW. hence the questions above.