ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am

Hi,

just to share this.
I applied in august 2007 and received a letter from INIS requesting the following:
--- P21
--- 3 last recent Payslips
--- bank statement covering the last 3 months
NOTE: INIS has not asked me any birth certificate....I still wondering why?
I did send my birth certificate along with my application when I applied...Wondering if that's sufficient.

I've got all of them except the P21 which I requested at the begining of Feb 2009.
I called to enquire why is this taking longer and if it could be sped up (me paying an urgent fee). I was told by the gentlemen that they have a backlogs and in that it will take at least 2-3 weeks to process.

I was thinking, is this work still done MANUALLY or is it a press on a computer keyboard to print it and ship by mail...

Anyone in this situation (p21 delay and INIS not requesting birth certificat) ?

Thanks,
Nanette

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 am

tiggs wrote:Hi all,
Will be calling today to check status of me application.

But one important thing i would like to share :
NON-EEA PEOPLE WHO BEEN IN IRELAND FOR MORE THAN 8 YEARS (should be on work permit /work authorization or something equivalent during those 8 years. Study/schooling years are excluded), don't waste time get your WITHOUT CONDITION AS TO TIME ENDORSEMENT.
All it takes is cover letter, all your passports (expired and current one) to be sent by registered post requesting that. You get a stamp(which says U are allowed to reside in Ireland till expiry of your passport). My passport expires in 2019 :) .
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

I believe its better than LTR (which takes like so many months to get)

You wont believe me, it just took 2 days to get this stamp. INIS really got it right this time.

Rest will let you know wats status of my naturalisation application later.
Best of luck to all

Regards
Tiggs

Hey Tiggs,

Did you have to post your passport or just send the m the photocopies or just went to the INIS in Dublin individually with the passport. Could you give us some more infor please ? appreciated. AI

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Another_Immigrant,
You have to write a cover letter and send all your original passports (expired and current which have garda stamps on) with it. Therefore send it by registered post only.
Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi Another_Immigrant,
You have to write a cover letter and send all your original passports (expired and current which have garda stamps on) with it. Therefore send it by registered post only.
Regards
Tiggs
I sent my current passport and expired passports yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's my original posting on the subject: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 292#226292

I'm really impressed some people got their documents back in 2-3 days! :) Excellent!

Just a question: after you do this, do you have to go to the GNIB to get a new GNIB card again?

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:30 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
tiggs wrote:Hi Another_Immigrant,
Regards
Tiggs
I sent my current passport and expired passports yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's my original posting on the subject: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 292#226292

I'm really impressed some people got their documents back in 2-3 days! :) Excellent!

Just a question: after you do this, do you have to go to the GNIB to get a new GNIB card again?
Thanks LP and Tiggs. I'll do it in March to make sure that the 8 years criteria is fully met... Please keep us updated. appreciated.
Regards, AI.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi AI,
Yes we have to go and get our GNIB status changed.Even the letter INIS sends along with stamped passport mentions that.
It be interesting see, Whether they give immigration gives gnib card till expiry of passport or what ?
And does same goes for Visa also?
Will get GNIB appointment first thing next week and will keep everyone posted.

Regards
Tiggs

If someone was wondering what they write on WITHOUT AS TO TIME ENDORSEMENT :
the holder of this passport is allowed to reside in Eire without condition as to time

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:03 pm

got my certificate of naturalisation after two months of waiting...yipeeeee.now where do i apply for passport :lol:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:11 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:now where do i apply for passport :lol:
Garda stations have application forms, as do An Post offices.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Anyone receive any news yet in February from batch of applications with the minister?

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:32 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:got my certificate of naturalisation after two months of waiting...yipeeeee.now where do i apply for passport :lol:
http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=253

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:48 pm

When the f**k will INIS hear back from Gards? It has been over 4-6 months and the status is still the same. Looking at Fianna Fail's decreasing popularity, I am not sure if the minister would be there by the time application comes back. This would further delay it and then come june/july, the ministers will go for summer vacation.

EBS

Post by EBS » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi AI,
Yes we have to go and get our GNIB status changed.Even the letter INIS sends along with stamped passport mentions that.
It be interesting see, Whether they give immigration gives gnib card till expiry of passport or what ?
And does same goes for Visa also?
Will get GNIB appointment first thing next week and will keep everyone posted.

Regards
Tiggs

If someone was wondering what they write on WITHOUT AS TO TIME ENDORSEMENT :
the holder of this passport is allowed to reside in Eire without condition as to time
Hi Tiggs,

Did you get a chance to go to GNIB for changing the status to stamp 5?

Just wondering do you have to go there if you currently are holding stamp 4 for another year? Thanks

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 pm

So any news after today's calls ?

irishwannabe
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by irishwannabe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Has anyone that applied for later than August '07 been asked for additional documents or know that their case is currently being handled / processed - other than Nanette who applied in Aug '07.

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 pm

another_immigrant wrote:So any news after today's calls ?
Today all time the line was engaged, I couldnt get through

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:45 pm

same here. kept on holding the line for almost 20 mins (from work) and then had to give up.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Heybabyy wrote:same here. kept on holding the line for almost 20 mins (from work) and then had to give up.
Does anyone know if there has been anyone granted citizenship this year? I was told in January that my file had been sent to the Minister. This I presume is the last stage
Thanks
Crown

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi crown,
I was told that my application has been sent to the minister for a decision.
Does anyone know how long he takes for this?
Does he sit down and do them once a month?
Or every, let's say, wednesday?
Any clues?

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I think it is 4 weeks and approval letters are usually sent out in 3rd week of every month. So you might hear next week or 3rd week of March.

Hey, could you please supply your details -

Date of applicaton:
Date when additional docs supplied (P21, affidavit etc):
Basis of application (5 yrs work/irish spouse etc):
Current Citizenship:

Thanks.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Date of applicaton: mid '06
Date when additional docs supplied (P21, affidavit etc): late '08
Basis of application (5 yrs work/irish spouse etc): 5 yrs work
Current Citizenship: not going to say, but it wouldn't typically be viewed as a "dodgy" country.

Sorry to be a bit vague, but I don't want to risk being identified this late in the game. I don't know if anyone from INIS or DoJE&LR monitors this forum, but I will assume that they do.

I think my timeline is in line with what others are experiencing, except those lucky ones whos applications went in in '07 and are now getting answers.

crown

Post by crown » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 pm

tom4 wrote:Hi crown,
I was told that my application has been sent to the minister for a decision.
Does anyone know how long he takes for this?
Does he sit down and do them once a month?
Or every, let's say, wednesday?
Any clues?
I heard he approves them monthly and looks like that for the latter part of last year
But I couldn't confirm if anyone got any letter in January. This is already past Feb. This means there is a delay again Hope the minister is not being distracted by Anglo!!
Crown

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Tom,

No worries - the details are fine. I am on same timelines but stuck at garda stage for over 4 months.

I think the letters are sent out around 20th of month so best of luck in advance. You might even get the good news on Friday.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:49 am

Did anyone get thru the helpline this morning?

It took me over 8-10 times before I could get the number. I am holding the line for last 25 mins with same f***ing message "Sorry all our operators are busy at the moment. Your call is in the queue.... ".

Looks like they have stopped taking phone calls.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Any Luck HeyBabyy?
I cudnt make a call today. Any more thursday callers with update?

Regards
Tiggs

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 pm

tiggs wrote:Any Luck HeyBabyy?
I cudnt make a call today. Any more thursday callers with update?

Regards
Tiggs
Hi everyone,

After 20 min holding on the line this morning, I finally got through someone. She was very kind and informative person thankfully, someone who understands our situation after nearly 2.5 years on hold! She said they have started to receive garda Clearance reports this week and they will update all applicants status in the coming weeks. She said there is no need to call since they will get in touch by post and she advised to be patient. well there is no update other than that... :(

Regards, AI.