ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP appr. for 1-> Marriage -> EC together -> UK. P

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kotiara

HSMP appr. for 1-> Marriage -> EC together -> UK. P

Post by Kotiara » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:09 pm

I am currently waiting
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:49 am

Can anyone advise me please? This is very important.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:43 am

Yes, you can marry your girl friend and move to UK together if your hsmp application is approved. The only down side is, you may face some problem(s) getting her EC as you have to prove that both of you can live and accomodate without recourse to public funds. You need to show a healthy bank account and possibly arranged accomodation in UK. An alternate way of going about things would be, you guys get married, you get your EC, move to UK, find a job and arrange a house and then she apply's for EC. In that case she will almost certainly get EC. Hope it help.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:52 am

hgv
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:58 am

uy
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:02 pm

Regarding the amount of money it depends on the particular British embassy or consulate. Your best bet would be to check with some people who were approved EC from the same High Commission or Consulate.

For EC it is not necessary to provide proof of relationship. Again it all depends on the Consulate in a particular country as for example in Pakistan they don't expect any one to provide proof of relationship. In my case (from Pakistan) I just provided photographs from the wedding with myself, my wife and lots of family and friends. My wife was issued an EC without an interview (she was a work permit dependent though. and I provided separately proof of accomodation and bank statements).You may also provide a video of the wedding. So personally I don't see any issue with getting married and applying EC together. May be some senior members of the board can comment some more.

Best of luck for your application.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:47 am

Guys, any other thoughts?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:07 am

Kotiara said :-
Another question: as far as I understand, one needs to provide evidence of 2-year relationship even for an official spouse
Absolutely not true. The immigration rules merely state that the couple must have met and in reality the ECO dealing with a visa application will want to see more "evidence of contact" than that, but absolutely no need for the couple to have known each other for two years.
Will EC officers doubt that our marriage is genuine if we marry just before applying for EC?
Just because a marriage is new does not make it genuine. Many people get visas for a spouse soon after the marriage. My own wife got hers just 17 days after the legal registration of the marriage and just 12 days after our big religious marriage.

What the ECO will be trying to do is spot a "marriage of convenience" where the marriage has happened merely to obtain the visa, where there is no intention for the couple to live together as a married couple normally would.
John

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:53 am

yjuyh
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:29 am

Using your numbering :-
  1. Yes! You must do that. Now exactly what evidence is needed will vary ... a couple married a few years who have children ... well that sounds like rather good "evidence of contact" to me. A newly married couple .... certainly it will do no harm to include some pics from when the marriage was registered, etc..
  2. I don't claim to know much about what is put on to the HSMP application form, or how points are allocated. However it seems to me that no one is forced to apply for points as regards their spouse/partner, so I guess the answer is yes.
  3. Don't go down that route. You need to prove things to the ECO ... don't wait for him/her to request details from you.
John