ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW refused due to missing start - end date on Uni letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dung_a82
Newly Registered

PSW refused due to missing start - end date on Uni letter

Post by dung_a82 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am

I got my refusal on PSW visa today. Everything is fine. The reason it said is simply because my letter from Uni (confirming I would receive my MSc degree) and academic transcript do not have the start - end date of my course. On the academic transcript, it had all the information such as the University, the degree is based on 1 year full time course.
Therefore, they do not give me points for the qualification award and immigration status and so on. I am very confused as this is the documents the Uni sent for international students to get the visa. And I am more angry as this could simply be done by asking me to provide additional documents. My question is should I appeal against this and in which ground (provide missing information)? They have too many grounds that it made me confused whether it is legal for us to send additional information to supply for that piece of missing information?
Please reply me ASAP as I and my wife are so desperate and sad because of this :(
Thank you very much!

candyshop

Re: PSW refused due to missing start - end date on Uni lette

Post by candyshop » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:17 am

dung_a82 wrote:I got my refusal on PSW visa today. Everything is fine. The reason it said is simply because my letter from Uni (confirming I would receive my MSc degree) and academic transcript do not have the start - end date of my course. On the academic transcript, it had all the information such as the University, the degree is based on 1 year full time course.
Therefore, they do not give me points for the qualification award and immigration status and so on. I am very confused as this is the documents the Uni sent for international students to get the visa. And I am more angry as this could simply be done by asking me to provide additional documents. My question is should I appeal against this and in which ground (provide missing information)? They have too many grounds that it made me confused whether it is legal for us to send additional information to supply for that piece of missing information?
Please reply me ASAP as I and my wife are so desperate and sad because of this :(
Thank you very much!
which university? As far as i know they have bulitin templates so no chance of such stupid mistake. really bak luck

hey is it BITE CCL Lodnon University?

dung_a82
Newly Registered

Post by dung_a82 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:51 pm

No. It is a top twenty British Universities and my degree is in Advanced Computing Sciences. The Home Office approved the degree but refuse on the basis that my letter did not have start date - end date.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 pm

dung_a82 wrote:No. It is a top twenty British Universities and my degree is in Advanced Computing Sciences. The Home Office approved the degree but refuse on the basis that my letter did not have start date - end date.
When you appeal, make sure you send a letter headed paper from you uni stating the start and end date of the course. This will verify the degree also if possible. You should be able to overcome the decision at appeal as long as you graduated within the last 12 months. Good Luck.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 pm

.....and let the international student advisor know.

dung_a82
Newly Registered

Post by dung_a82 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Thank you all very much! I already spoke with the international student advisor. She also felt sorry for me and recommended me to appeal. So I will file appeal for my case and wait for good luck.
Another question that I need advice from you guys is whether I should use paper appeal or oral hearing? Will keep in touch of my case. This is such a silly mistake and carelessness of mine. And the summary lesson here is not to totally believe in the Uni international student advisor as today my Uni advisor said to feel sorry for me and that the Uni staff are not immigration experts and that the documents needed by Home Office change frequently.
Thank you guys for all the support! Wish me the best luck!