ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA Time Period

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soul.biz

COA Time Period

Post by soul.biz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

My wife received her COA today. You won't believe our story: of course, it was a pretty rough ride!

So, we sent the application back in Jan, and didn't hear from anyone at UKBA regarding the COA. We thought to wait for a month and then contact them and ask.

We had sent the application via Special Delivery just so that we could have a guaranteed next day postal service. Guess what? Upon contacting UKBA, they informed us that they had NOT received the application and to contact Royal Mail.

And...it was true! An entire month of my wife not able to work and me working 10 to 12 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week to make ends meet just because ROYAL MAIL special delivery didn't deliver our application!!! We lost our documents and everything in that package!

So, of course we sent another application with proof that the prior app. was sent a month ago and that my wife still hasn't gotten work because of her COA issue. Guess what????!!! UKBA sent the COA within a week of applying. Now she can go ahead and get that assessment done with Barclays and start training to be Personal Banker.

So, that's that. It took one week for us. We just wanted to inform you because we kept wanting to know how long, and it wasn't too long at all.

Thank you all for the support!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 pm

why did you wait so long? On the Royal Mail website you can check if your package was delivered or not: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/pers ... d=83900761

datuchi
BANNED

your docs

Post by datuchi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:02 am

and what about your passports??? if royal mail lost everything, how can they issue the COA, and how are you going to get married??? when r u going to get your replacement passports etc??? have royal mail recovered the package and claim compensation up to 500 pounds which is included in the price you paid to post it.