ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:45 pm

I also called INIS today.

They told me that they're still waiting for my garda report to come back.

They told me something similar as well ... they said that they were expecting some reports to arrive in the next two weeks. The guy told me that doesn't necessarily mean my report will arrive in this batch though. So anyway, I understand that things are finally moving in the Garda office.

We're almost there... Good luck everyone! :)

EBS

Post by EBS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi everyone,

After 20 min holding on the line this morning, I finally got through someone. She was very kind and informative person thankfully, someone who understands our situation after nearly 2.5 years on hold! She said they have started to receive garda Clearance reports this week and they will update all applicants status in the coming weeks. She said there is no need to call since they will get in touch by post and she advised to be patient. well there is no update other than that... :(

Regards, AI

I think we spoke to the same person, she was very nice, told me that they are not going to ask anything else from "old" applicatnts, they are clearnig them now, and this is the final stage, but the reply might take from couple weeks TO 6 MONTHS !

nicepecsigot

question

Post by nicepecsigot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

i got my letter today saying i had applied for longterm residency and its approve yehey.......................but im just confuse coz i had mycitizenship since december :roll: and already applied for paddy passport.do i just ignore them or ring them and tell them im oirish

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Has anybody heard about INIS contacting any of the references in the application? Did anyone try to contact his/her referees to find out if they have been contacted by INIS for written reference? Thanks

LuasPassenger

Re: question

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:i got my letter today saying i had applied for longterm residency and its approve yehey.......................but im just confuse coz i had mycitizenship since december :roll: and already applied for paddy passport.do i just ignore them or ring them and tell them im oirish
If I were you ...
Out of politeness, I would ring them and explain the situation. This way, they'll probably free up your space for the next person in the queue. You never know, you might help other people this way. :)

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: question

Post by mktsoi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:55 am

nicepecsigot wrote:i got my letter today saying i had applied for longterm residency and its approve yehey.......................but im just confuse coz i had mycitizenship since december :roll: and already applied for paddy passport.do i just ignore them or ring them and tell them im oirish
take your non EU passport and go into GNIB and get the stamp if I were you. will see if they are going to give you a stamp or not. if they do, laugh at them and tell them how efficient they are. haha.

just kidding, dont do that and just ignore the letter if i were you. no point to contact them either because they already granted you the citizenship.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi All,

Yesterday's PQ's say that someone was sent a letter with the ministers decision on 17/2/09 (doesn't say if it is positive or negative).

Well, it wasn't me anyway, so just wait a bit more...

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

tom4 wrote:Hi All,

Yesterday's PQ's say that someone was sent a letter with the ministers decision on 17/2/09 (doesn't say if it is positive or negative).

Tom do you have a link for this?

crown

Post by crown » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Please what is PQ
Crown

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Question is at:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 2468#N2468

and the following page:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 68&Page=26

To find PQ's go to:
http://www.oireachtas.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/home.asp

Click on "Official Report 1919 - 2009", which takes you to:
http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn ... tID=50&m=d

Click on "30th Dáil (2007 - 2012)", which takes you to:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebates.a ... 0&Type=DAL

Click on the date you want (in this case 19 Jan 2009), which takes you to:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... All&Page=1

Click on "Questions" (LHS of screen), which takes you to:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DIndexQ.as ... 090219.XML

Click on "Justice, Equality and Law Reform, Department of", which takes you to:
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DIndexQ.as ... ce#Justice

And then choose your question from the category "Citizenship applications", in this case the last question.

Hows that for a complete answer!!!

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Crown wrote:Please what is PQ
Crown
Parliamentary Question, asked by a TD, which the Minister is obliged to answer in writing.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:37 pm

This person applied in Feb 2006

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Soory Tom forgot to say thanks for the link

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:03 am

jhbmike wrote:Soory Tom forgot to say thanks for the link
any one knows which years applications are going for review according to the INIS?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:15 am

any one knows which years applications are going for review according to the INIS?

Ah, well, that depends who you ask.
Mine is allegedly with the minister, I applied in mid '06.
There are some that have already been approved from '07.
The minister says that the AVERAGE is 22 months (statistically that might be right, if they are processing a lot of recent ones, while ignoring the older ones, that would bring the average down without actually increasing performance!).

Yet, they still claim that they are processed in chronological order...bulls hit!

crown

Post by crown » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am

tom4 wrote:any one knows which years applications are going for review according to the INIS?

The minister says that the AVERAGE is 22 months (statistically that might be right, if they are processing a lot of recent ones, while ignoring the older ones, that would bring the average down without actually increasing performance!).

Yet, they still claim that they are processed in chronological order...bulls hit!
I applied June 06 and they tell me in Jan 09 mine has gone to the Minister. Though, I have 2 friends who applied after me and they have been given - one applied 07 Dec and the other Nov 07
You cant be sure of anything
If you believe in prayers just do it - quite an unreliable system

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:06 pm

crown wrote:
tom4 wrote:any one knows which years applications are going for review according to the INIS?

I applied June 06 and they tell me in Jan 09 mine has gone to the Minister. Though, I have 2 friends who applied after me and they have been given - one applied 07 Dec and the other Nov 07
You cant be sure of anything
If you believe in prayers just do it - quite an unreliable system
seems the minster is not intersted to sign any doc. :(
it been ages since any one in this forum got approvals.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm

feb 14 2007 i applied for both citizenship and residency.got approval for naturalisation nov 08.went for oath taking dec 10.so i guess its just pure luck and something i didnt expect to be soon.hopefully you guys will all get yours very very soon.. :D

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:05 am

nicepecsigot Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feb 14 2007 i applied for both citizenship and residency.got approval for naturalisation nov 08.went for oath taking dec 10.so i guess its just pure luck and something i didnt expect to be soon.hopefully you guys will all get yours very very soon..

wht basis did u apply on??? work permit or spouse of irish national

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:50 pm

basis of working since april 2001.but as i said mine is just pure luck!

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:39 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:basis of working since april 2001.but as i said mine is just pure luck!
yes you are right , thats happened with me and my friends...few of them applied in jan 07 and may 07 they..may months fella got in last dec already, same with long term residency ..people applied after they approved with in 6 months and mine took them 25 months ..now they said about naturalization application gone for decision and it will take 3 to 4 weeks..is this happening ? is this believable?

IrelandHopeful

Post by IrelandHopeful » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:02 pm

tom4 wrote: The minister says that the AVERAGE is 22 months (statistically that might be right, if they are processing a lot of recent ones, while ignoring the older ones, that would bring the average down without actually increasing performance!).

You said it all and rightly so

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 am

I recieved letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statements.

Applied on Oct 07 based on working 5 years on work permit.

I am going to send all additional doc next week. so how long i have to wait to get citizenship cert? any approximate time frame?

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 am

exchangeboy wrote:I recieved letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statements.

I am going to send all additional doc next week. so how long i have to wait to get citizenship cert? any approximate time frame?
as the ad on the radio says:

mmmmm.... 10 days, no no no, 2,761,120 days, mmmm, no, 67 days, hihihihi....

on a serious note: don't bother yourself with expectations, it's completely random.
Last edited by ashimashi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 am

ashimashi wrote:
exchangeboy wrote:I recieved letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statements.

as the add on the radio says:

mmmmm.... 10 days, no no no, 2,761,120 days, mmmm, no, 67 days, hihihihi....

on a serious note: don't bother yourself with expectations, it's completely random!!!
I agree. I was asked for these documents in September and I'm still waiting for the final decision. :)

Send the docs ASAP and then relax and get your attention on other things... Otherwise you'll go crazy like me. :)