ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are HSBC printouts (signed and stamped) accepted

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phagund
Newly Registered

Are HSBC printouts (signed and stamped) accepted

Post by phagund » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:06 am

Hello:

I am a new member to this site. I have a doubt regarding the HSBC statements.
I hold a HSBC account in India and have opted for e-statements.
I have contacted the main branch and came to know that they will give just printouts of the e-statements signed and stamped?

Are these printouts enough for showing my previous earnings and maintainence funds? Or do I need to get the original statements from the bank? And they mentioned that no supporting letter will be given mentioning the authenticity of the printouts.

Please help me !!!

mbasaaga

Re: Are HSBC printouts (signed and stamped) accepted

Post by mbasaaga » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:06 am

I would get the original statements from the bank. Supporting letter is a requirement without which there is a risk of rejection.

phagund wrote:Hello:

I am a new member to this site. I have a doubt regarding the HSBC statements.
I hold a HSBC account in India and have opted for e-statements.
I have contacted the main branch and came to know that they will give just printouts of the e-statements signed and stamped?

Are these printouts enough for showing my previous earnings and maintainence funds? Or do I need to get the original statements from the bank? And they mentioned that no supporting letter will be given mentioning the authenticity of the printouts.

Please help me !!!

sunny_hsmp001

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 am

Guys

let me tell you what i feel after my experience with bank documentation.

1. bank letter is a must as it makes things easier for Caseworker.
2.your statements should be bank stationary which has logo and all that
3. your statements should have your account details
4. if you take statements from net and get then attested from bank the get them attested on all pages and mention this in bank letter also
5. most importantly,your bank statements should display balance after every transaction.
5. bank letter should mention the dates not the months i.e. 1st jan 2008 to 31st march 2008 not 90 consecutive days.
6. bank letter should clearly say that this is the minimum balance for XYZ account and during the period.
7. bank letter should have bank person's contact info who is attesting all this

hope it helps

phagund
Newly Registered

Post by phagund » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:37 am

Hi mbasaaga ,
For the original statements I need to wait for atleast 7 days to be sent from the HSBC.
For that reason, I have taken 15 month bank statements and got them signed and stamped from HSBC.

Will that do?

phagund
Newly Registered

Post by phagund » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am

Hello Sunny:

I have got the below statements/letters from bank

For Previous Earnings:
a. 15 month e-statements printout containing my Name,Account Number,15 months transactions, date of the transaction,statement date which are signed and stamped.

For Maintainance Funds:
a. 4 month e-statements printout containing my Name,Account Number,4 months transactions, date of the transaction,statement date which are signed and stamped.
b. Letter from the bank mentioning the current available balance and the minimum available balance from the past three months in INR.

For original statements, I need to wait for another 7 days.
Do you think that e-statements printout printout signed and stamped are not enough to be produced?

sunny_hsmp001

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 am

as i have already pointed out,please mention that you are submitting e-statements and they are signed/stamped by bank officials so that their authenticity can be verified.

and why 15 month bank statements instead of 12 ?

is there any gap period in your previous earnings period.

similarly why you submitting 4 months statements for MF.

latest 3 months statements are fine.

dont try to increase their work by increasing documentation,it wont do any good.

just give them what they want.

phagund
Newly Registered

Post by phagund » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:10 am

Hello Sunny:

I will sending the 12 month bank statements and the 3 month bank statements... But which letter are you mentioning regarding the authenticity. Do you mean the cover letter or a letter is required from the bank?

sunny_hsmp001

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 am

i'm talking abt Bank letter stating your account details and funds maintained and rate of conversion applied and clearly stating that enclosed e-statements are signed/stamped by the bank official and with bank official's contact info.

it just adds credibility to your application.