ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traffic offence situation for HSMP extn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

onkarpathre
Newly Registered

traffic offence situation for HSMP extn

Post by onkarpathre » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:01 am

Last year i was caught while driving the car with incorrect insurance policy. This one is traffic offence situation. For this offence i paid 200 pound fixed penalty and 6 point on my driving license by police. After couple of month i redo my driving exam and Test i got my driving license back.
When this traffic offence occur, I had a full UK license and I was an add on insurance holder on my brother insurance policy. Due to misinterpretation of the statement of insurance policy that mention on the insurance paper, i thought, can drive third party car.
Now i am due to apply for my HSMP Extension under tier 1 general category. I am eligible for applying extension with 90 points.
My Question is would this traffic offence will have any affects on my further extn application? I am due to apply for my extension in few months and would this affect that? Do i need to delcare the offence in the application form?

simar

Re: traffic offence situation for HSMP extn

Post by simar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:37 am

onkarpathre wrote:Last year i was caught while driving the car with incorrect insurance policy. This one is traffic offence situation. For this offence i paid 200 pound fixed penalty and 6 point on my driving license by police. After couple of month i redo my driving exam and Test i got my driving license back.
When this traffic offence occur, I had a full UK license and I was an add on insurance holder on my brother insurance policy. Due to misinterpretation of the statement of insurance policy that mention on the insurance paper, i thought, can drive third party car.
Now i am due to apply for my HSMP Extension under tier 1 general category. I am eligible for applying extension with 90 points.
My Question is would this traffic offence will have any affects on my further extn application? I am due to apply for my extension in few months and would this affect that? Do i need to delcare the offence in the application form?

I think it is all subjective decisions of home office. HSMP Ext application may not be problem. But future ILR or citizenship application could be problems.
Have seen people whose ILR or citizenship application got rejected for driving offence that are more severe than “ over speeding 3 point casesâ€

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Did you go to the court? was the fine and conviction decided by the court? if yes or no.. you will be better off declaring on the form.

I had a driving conviction but gt my entn.. as i declared the same on the form. I partially agree with the comments from simar as one of my colleagues got ILR even if he had driving conviction DR10.. but he applied for ILR once his ban got expired...

I would say if you are confused.. better dacrare it..

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Also, a Full UK license has 12 points on after 2 years of owning it. I take it that you had yours less than this or do you have any other offences?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Well I have this situation.

I got 3 points my Dirving Licence in Aug 2004 for speeding 40 miles in 30 miles zone and was fined £60. I was under the impression that after 4 year i.e Aug 2008 I had my point spent, thefore, I did not declare it when I filed my extention last month (still waiting for the results). Now I have come to know that you have to sent £17.50 and your drivng lincece (both parts) to DVLA and ask for the removal of endorsement. Realizing this I sent my licence and fee on 16/02/09.

I am not sure what would be result of my extention yet but I am optimistic that that result would be positive. Though, I feel that should have declared it and would not have depdent the wrong impression.
Thinking low is crime....

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi T_mahmood,

My understanding says if you were convicted.. than you need to declare. In your case i dont think u went to court so there is no conviction. Assuming you have paid the fine and taken the points on the licence, You are safe.. Still If you are nervous you can inform BIA by sending the "Change of Circumstance" form. Thats what i did. My application was approved but in my case i was convicted by court with 1 year ban in 2005.

All the best.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:40 pm

I got my Driving Licence back today with penalty points removed. As per HO timelines my Extention case would be considered first week of March. So I think if HO verifies from DVLA, it would be okay....
Thinking low is crime....