ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR by post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsbs

ILR by post

Post by bsbs » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Is anybody around who applied ILR by post and got the stamping in less than 6 weeks recently. Please update.
Thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 pm

At the moment most people applying for ILR by post are waiting in excess of 3 months.
John

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:31 am

John wrote:At the moment most people applying for ILR by post are waiting in excess of 3 months.
John,
Any particular reason why they are taking that long. They say 70% applications are done by 20 working days.

It's a pain. Three months they will keep our passports!!!. I did a misktake switching WP to Tier1. Otherwise I could have applied for the same day service.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 am

The website hasn't been updated for some time...70% in 20 working days is way out!
Reason? Gross inefficiency I would guess! :(

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:07 am

Taking long time ....keeping passports ...Just sleepless nights.

My application has been for 5 weeks for now, they made some enquires but still not returned passports yet.

its hard time...

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:46 am

bsbs wrote:I did a misktake switching WP to Tier1. Otherwise I could have applied for the same day service.
Not sure I understand this.
I thought WP/HSMP/Tier1 based applicants for ILR can all use same-day service?

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:17 am

global gypsy wrote:
bsbs wrote:I did a misktake switching WP to Tier1. Otherwise I could have applied for the same day service.
HSMP/WP are eligible to apply ILR for same day service, but Tier1 holder need to do post only.

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 am

global gypsy wrote:
If your current status is Tier1(General) you can't go for the same day service. It's written in the form. Agent has confirmed with the HO. Even I have got the same reply from HO.

I can't see any logic behind this.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm

global gypsy wrote:Hmm, not based on this:
http://www.mulberryfinch.com/same-day-service/
On second thoughts, maybe you are right...
The SET(O) guide says this:
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person
at our public enquiry offices (PEOs). The premium
rate of £950 has to be paid for this service, which is
available only for applications which are straightforward
and do not require further enquiries.
The premium service is not available for applications as
a businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed
lawyer, Tier 1 migrant or Tier 2 migrant

I find this very strange! Why would they exclude Tier-1, not HSMP?
Hope this is not a sign of things to come...

bsbs

Post by bsbs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 pm

global gypsy wrote:
global gypsy wrote:Hmm, not based on this:
http://www.mulberryfinch.com/same-day-service/
On second thoughts, maybe you are right...
The SET(O) guide says this:
We offer a premium service to people who apply in person
at our public enquiry offices (PEOs). The premium
rate of £950 has to be paid for this service, which is
available only for applications which are straightforward
and do not require further enquiries.
The premium service is not available for applications as
a businessperson, innovator, investor, self-employed
lawyer, Tier 1 migrant or Tier 2 migrant

My employer's VISA agent told me that when he spoke to HO they told him that from April, 2009 Tier1 will also be able to apply for the same day service. But I didn't wait for that. One should not wait for that. They are changing rule everyday.

rizcom123
Newly Registered

Post by rizcom123 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:16 pm

bsbs wrote:
Hope this is not a sign of things to come..

My employer's VISA agent told me that when he spoke to HO they told him that from April, 2009 Tier1 will also be able to apply for the same day service. But I didn't wait for that. One should not wait for that. They are changing rule everyday.
I think they do same day service for Tier1, because I got mine granted last week under LONG RESIDENCE category. Of course my application was straight forward but they are able to check my 10 years history within few hours and I held various types of visa's too, within that 10 years (Student, WP, and HSMP).

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:38 am

rizcom123 wrote:
bsbs wrote:
Hope this is not a sign of things to come..

I think they do same day service for Tier1, because I got mine granted last week under LONG RESIDENCE category. Of course my application was straight forward but they are able to check my 10 years history within few hours and I held various types of visa's too, within that 10 years (Student, WP, and HSMP).
Unfortunately, your ILR experience bears little relevance to ILR applicants under the Tier 1 route, as the SET (O) Guidance clearly says that the Tier 1 holders cannot apply in person for an ILR whereas such constraint does not exist for the long residence category.
Last edited by Generalisimus on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:44 am

bsbs wrote:
global gypsy wrote:I find this very strange! Why would they exclude Tier-1, not HSMP?
I suspect that it is only some operational issues that need to be sorted out before the Tier 1 category is put on the same footing as the HSMP one in respect of how one can apply for an ILR. Actually, it does make sense to me that the Home Office could allow Tier 1 permit holders to apply for an ILR in person from April 2009, as it would coincide with the introduction of the new fee structure, which is when they normally implement some procedural changes as well. However, I am also not 100% sure that wating until April is the best strategy in each case.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:40 pm

John wrote:At the moment most people applying for ILR by post are waiting in excess of 3 months.
Hi John,

The 3 months waiting time that you refer to, is that based on informal channels, forum, anecdotal etc - or is this something that HO has published.

Thanks,

VW

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:52 pm

It is certainly not something UKBA has owned up to, on its website. However on boards such as this the consensus among those applying for ILR now is that very few postal applications get dealt with in under 3 months, and some people wait significantly longer than that.
John

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Many thanks John. I wish HO could provide some interface for applicants to check the status of their applications online :). That would create jobs and help the economy as well.