ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

successful EC REAPPLICATION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stone
Newly Registered

successful EC REAPPLICATION

Post by stone » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:48 am

As you people might have remembered my first EC application was refused for three reasons.
i- lack of funds
ii-lack of sponsor's documents
iii-conflict in statements.

As per senior members' advice on this forum, I REAPPLIED instead of "making an appeal". Alhumdulillah, now in second attempt, I am issued EC for 1 yr along with my family.
Thanx alot to all those on this forum.

The interim period between first EC and second EC was difficult. Making second EC was even difficult as they could have raised any objection. But I collected the following...

i- sponsor's letter of invitation
ii-sponsor's contract of employment
iii-proof of his residence..."tenancy document" and in second case the sponsor was having his own home, so a document of his property.
iv- his monthly wage slips
v-his bank statement

that was from sponsor.

Aparat from arranging these documents, this time my application was more organized. I strongly advise all people who are applying for EC that take some time out and do the following,
i- make a budget of 1yr..including accomodation expenses, living expenses, maintainence expenses, travelling, and income etc.
ii- Prepare a good Covering letter. It should have atleast the following things.
A- Financial Proofs.
I subdivided the section into two sections i.e.
a) Cash
b) Assests....
Both included a conversion into GBP.
As a proof of these I attached the documentary proofs as well.
B- The covering letter should also have accomodation plan. It should be as clear as possible.
C- It also should have some description about your job search and how easily would you find a job.

I think the covering letter helps alot.
One it allows you to prepare for the interview, Two it helps the embassy in evaluating your application.

Since I have through this process twice, my thinking is that they ask specifically about
i- funds [ i think it should not matter alot, if they are current transactions as long as you can confidently say that they are OK]. That is people usually don't keep money in cash...but you have to proof that it is the way it is.
ii-accomodation....either hotel booking or above mentioned proofs from banks
iii-job search plan....

Now, there were some questions the lady asked for checking the confidence..
e.g. she was very quick in asking questions
I said I have done lot of projects...she asked what you did in ur last project....
She asked where is ur job letter...I said I had none...she said in which companies u applied...I did not remember the names...but I promptly gave her the name of a recruitment agency and told that this is the company that I applied in. In my heart at that point i was abusing her...
Lastly she asked me about series of questions about the sponsor...
So be confident...be very quick and be prepared....
Thats my story...My Allah, family, friends,,,and many other people helped me thru this tiring process....Many thanx to all these people. May Allah bless you all.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:58 am

Congrats man. Great new. Which embassy u applied to and how long it took to EC from start to finish (second application)

Ali

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:38 am

Stone, thanks for posting all that. Great the story has a good ending!

But of course with hindsight, and for the benefit of others who are further back than you in the overall process, we can see just how important it is to support a visa application with all the needed documentation. A lesson that others should take on board.
John