ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regarding hsmp

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gill_b_s
Newly Registered

query regarding hsmp

Post by gill_b_s » Mon May 03, 2004 11:56 am

Hi all,
To begin with let me introduce my self. I'm a telecom software engineer with 3+ yrs of experience.
Planing to apply for HSMP, there are a few queries for you ppl to answer.

Can you continue your career in the UK?
what knida claims can one generaly make and how to support em?

Do i need to show some savings as well? what would be the minimum desirable amount?

Does filing the application thru a consultant help in any way? what are the average charges?

Do i need to submit all certificates in original? or certified copies will do?

thats all for now.

cheers,
gill

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:45 pm

Most of those questions are answered in the guidelines on the Home Ofice website. Read those and look through similar posts on this forum and all of the above will be answered in more detail than you can imagine.

gill_b_s
Newly Registered

past earnings

Post by gill_b_s » Tue May 04, 2004 10:05 am

Hi all,

I have a query regarding the proof of past earnings.
I can submit a letter from employer mentioning the CTC(cost to company) for the previous year. That can serve as proof no. 1.
For the second proof i could have submitted the payslips, but the payslips do not exhibit my actual earnings.
The story behind:
to save tax, the company offers the employees and option to lease a car. the amount of lease gets deducted from the employee salary and is given to the person renting the car.
in my case it happens to be my mother.
since, my salary has been reduced this way, the amount of taxable salay that goes into the highest % tax slab is reduced considerably, thus saving me some tax.
Now the payslip that i get shows my (total salary minus the car rental amount)
e.g.
total sal : Rs 32500 pm
car rental : Rs 16500 pm
gross salary as in payslip : Rs 16000.

Now if i get a certificate explaining this (from the employer), can i use it in conjunction with the payslips to prove my earnings.

Secondly, please explain what should be the contents of "letter from accountant". what should be the certificate about, can i get a specimen copy.

can someone also post a copy of the cover letter, probably a draft without ne personal info.

lookin forward to all ur responses

cheers
b.s.gill

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Tue May 04, 2004 10:40 am

Hi,

HSMP team might ask for secondary evidence for income proof and the ideal one is IT return statement. In your case that cannot be provided. Quick guess is original bank statement reflecting both salary and car expenses, salary slips, and a letter from employer should be OK (experts welcome!!). Also your appointment order should have the total salary stated.

3 to 4 Covering letter formats are floating in this BB, please find out.

TF

gill_b_s
Newly Registered

letter from accountant

Post by gill_b_s » Wed May 05, 2004 5:17 am

Hi All,
the guidance document for HSMP states

Examples of the types of evidence we will require in order to award you points for your earnings
include:
• 12 months’ wage slips
• Income Tax return
• Letter from Accountants
• Letter from employer detailing salary

my query is regarding "letter from accountant"
what should be the format/content of it.
do i need to get it verified it from some authority ?

cheers,
B.S.Gill

gill_b_s
Newly Registered

Partner’s achievements

Post by gill_b_s » Thu May 06, 2004 4:40 am

Hi all,

To apply as a married couple, am I required to be married for at least two years?

cheers,
Gill

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sat May 29, 2004 10:36 am

Dear gill,
I have the same scenario wherein some part of my salary is non-taxable due to actuals reimbursement and car lease. Of course it is'nt that big a part of my sal (yours is almost 50%). I have submitted my salary letter from employer detailing all components of my sal, payslips & IT return with letter from accountant explaining the clause under which the non-taxable amount is permissible under tax laws.

It wud be prudent to tell you that i have just submitted my appl and do not have an approval yet.
Mini