ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage between non eu nationals and stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eire09
Newly Registered

Marriage between non eu nationals and stamp 4

Post by Eire09 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi everyone!

I am a non eu national living in ireland since the end of 2004.I came through family reunification and been on my dad's work permit,but since two years ago i have stamp 2A(part time course).It does not allow me to work.Anyway will i be eligible to get stamp 2 if i enrole in full time education(but a course in child care or something similar)Are those kind of courses recognised by Department of Education as full time courses?Anyway the other thing i wanted to ask and which is more important is I have been with my boyfriend for long time now and we decided to get married.He is non eu national as well.I am from eastern europe and he is from west of africa.He has been living here since mid 2005 and obtained stamp 4.Now we plan to get married here and i would like to know will i be eligible to stamp 4 through marriage even though both of us are non eu nationals?And how long will it take for me to get it?Anyway we will both apply for irish naturalisation independently of each other.Me at the end of this year and him next year in summer,due to living here legally for 5 years.I would like some points where i stand with stamp 4 through marriage?

Thank you in advance.And sorry if the text was too long.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 pm

whatever u have written is very complicated ,first u said u are from eastern and ur boyfriend from africa and then u said that u are both non-eu, if u are from any of the eastern european countries which are member of e.u, then u don't need any visa, and if u are not it depends what is base of ur boyfriend stamp 4 ,if it is work permit or refugee then u will be able to get stamp 4 after getting merried to him. secondly,u said that u are eligible to apply for nutralisation at the end of this year, you are not because u have to have 5 year legal continous residence ,which excludes time that u have spend during your student staus & period of asylum seekers before d decesion of their application for refugee..
hope u have clear picture now ....

Eire09
Newly Registered

Post by Eire09 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Thank u for the information.Either of the countries that i am citizen of(as i am mixed) are not in eu.They are parts of former yugoslavia.I came through family reunification and i was underage,so i have been told by officials there in gnib that i have right to apply.Anyway that may not be the case now as u have said.Secondly,it is neither of those.He came here through family reunification as well.I do have clear picture,but just to ask this once more.Does that count i am able to get stamp 4,if it is not work permit or refugee?Anyway if i do what amount of time will it take for me to get it after the marriage?Thank u.

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Eire09 wrote:Thank u for the information.Either of the countries that i am citizen of(as i am mixed) are not in eu.They are parts of former yugoslavia.I came through family reunification and i was underage,so i have been told by officials there in gnib that i have right to apply.Anyway that may not be the case now as u have said.Secondly,it is neither of those.He came here through family reunification as well.I do have clear picture,but just to ask this once more.Does that count i am able to get stamp 4,if it is not work permit or refugee?Anyway if i do what amount of time will it take for me to get it after the marriage?Thank u.
HI,Mb
As far as i know that after the marriage, you should get stamp 3 which is dependent spousal. you arenot allowed to work . but you can apply for spousal work permit which is stamp 1. then you can work. afrer five year .you can apply for stamp 4 on the base work permit hoder.

Regards

melon