ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doing job hunting outside UK after obtaining Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pet
Newly Registered

Doing job hunting outside UK after obtaining Visa

Post by pet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Dear all,

I just wonder if anyone can help me with this. I really dont know what to do..

I am a Japanese currently living and working in Germany.
I am going to apply Tier one general pretty soon. However, due to the current job situation in the UK, I don't want to settle down in UK until I find a new job.
So, my plan is to keep my current job in Germany for the time being and travel between UK and Germany for job interviews a lot, since Germany and UK is not far to travel.
My question is if i am allowed to travel several times (or even more) between 2 countries after I get the visa and take a few months in Germany before settle down in UK. Does it cause any problems?

If anybody knows anything about this, please help me!

Many thanks

Pet

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

If you get the visa, it will be issued for 3 years. You can travel any number of times to UK (for what ever reason) during those 3 years. At the end of these 3 years, you will have to apply for extension, and you need to qualify the rules for the extension based on the rules at the time of extension.

pet
Newly Registered

Post by pet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Thank you so much webhunter! I appreciate it!

I am going to put the date to travel to UK as early May, as even if I find a new job in UK, I cannot start working before May due to my contract with my current employer.

However, I intend to travel a lot in April for job interviews. So now my concern is if i can travel to UK before May with tourist visa. I have a japanese passport which allows me to enter UK without visa.

Or if i need to travel a lot in April for interviews, should i put 1 April as travel date to be on the safe side?

If anyone can help me with this, it is very much appreciated!

Pet

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:03 pm

These days, most recruiters are asking to show evidence of right to work in UK before they forward the CV or arrange an interview

I think I would advise you to first get the visa, the sooner the better because every few months they have been changing rules and several changes ( search this forum or other news websites) are coming in April.

Only when you have the visa, should you plan to come to UK for seeking employment. The agencies/companies wont buy if you say " you are likely to get a visa" . They want to see it.

pet
Newly Registered

Post by pet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, webhunter.

I am applying the visa within this week. I understand that the home office is changing their rules so often, so I am not going to delay my application.

What i am trying to do is apply now and get a visa which is valid from May. and with this visa, i want to start job hunting from Germany as soon as i get the valid visa.

Or if i put the date I travel to uk as May, do they take more time to process my application?

If anybody knows about this, pls help me!

thanks,

Pet