ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application Form- Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicky123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application Form- Questions

Post by nicky123 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Hello,

I am a Canadian, currently living in Belgium. As far as I can tell, applications in Beligum must be submitted online, through the Visa4UK website. I have a few questions about the application:

1. Section 5 (Immigration History): "You stated that you had travelled outside your country. Please give the approximate date and duration and purpose of your stay/s" (last 10 years).
- When they state "Your country", are they refering to country of birth / nationality, or country of residence? I've been a resident of 3 different countries in the last 10 years. Should I list all trips I've ever taken just to be safe?
- How detailed should this information be?
- Is there a specified / recommended format for providing this information in the online form? The text box doesn't allow space breaks or certain characters (e..g. colon, semi-colon, brackets). I've done quite a bit of traveloing over the last 10 years, and am not sure how to proceed- am I expected to type destination, dates, and purpose for over 50 trips in 1 long string?

2. Length of time at current address
- Will this be verified in terms of my registered address of residence? I moved almost 1 year ago, but haven't managed to officially change my address due to several bureaucratic complications. Should I still indicate my old address (with a different contact address) or should I use my actual address?

3. When do you wish to travel to the UK?
- I assume this would be the starting validity date for my work permit and doesn't need to correspond to an actual travel date?

Thanks in advance for your help!