ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB giving us confusion about Stamp 4, help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pauliesgirl
Newly Registered

GNIB giving us confusion about Stamp 4, help!

Post by pauliesgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:12 am

So my fiance called the local GNIB to see EXACTLY what I need to bring to get a stamp 4 being a US citizen. They said the marriage cert (of course), our passports and I have to have proof of medical insurance. I'm a little confused about the last one since I have read no where that medical insurance is required. I do have medical insurance however it's thru my employer and will terminate when I leave to live in Ireland so I'm not sure what they are wanting. Also there was no mention of a utility bill to prove residency of my fiance. So what exactly is needed when we go down there? Thanks!

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: GNIB giving us confusion about Stamp 4, help!

Post by mktsoi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 am

pauliesgirl wrote:So my fiance called the local GNIB to see EXACTLY what I need to bring to get a stamp 4 being a US citizen. They said the marriage cert (of course), our passports and I have to have proof of medical insurance. I'm a little confused about the last one since I have read no where that medical insurance is required. I do have medical insurance however it's thru my employer and will terminate when I leave to live in Ireland so I'm not sure what they are wanting. Also there was no mention of a utility bill to prove residency of my fiance. So what exactly is needed when we go down there? Thanks!
if you are spouse of eu national, you do not need any medical insurance! did you see anywhere that in the GNIB website saying you need medical insurance to be a spouse of eu national?

pauliesgirl
Newly Registered

Re: GNIB giving us confusion about Stamp 4, help!

Post by pauliesgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 am

mktsoi wrote:
if you are spouse of eu national, you do not need any medical insurance! did you see anywhere that in the GNIB website saying you need medical insurance to be a spouse of eu national?

No, thats why I'm checking :) It's just what the GNIB told him! Guess not everyone is as clued in as they should be there eh?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 am

Hi pauliesgirl,

What nationality is your fiance?

pauliesgirl
Newly Registered

Post by pauliesgirl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:58 pm

benifa wrote:Hi pauliesgirl,

What nationality is your fiance?
He is an Irish citizen, born and raised in Dublin.

anotherimmigrant

medical insurence

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:57 pm

they have also asked Medical insurence for my wife, I am on Stamp 4 visa. May be its new requirement..