ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - Very Interesting Case

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gps

FLR - Very Interesting Case

Post by gps » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:23 pm

Hi All,

My 1st year of HSMP will expire on 25th Aug 2005. I came to UK on April 2005 and looked for job, did some job hunt and got a good Govt job in IT area. Went India to take my family here, Joined the office on 13th June 2005, My 1st year of HSMP will expire on 25th Aug 2005. so I landed here very late. But late than never...

1) I joined Office on 13th June.
2) Got first salary now (17 days only), directly credited to ICICI UK, paid income tax, NI Tax.
3) Applied NI number and I will get it in 2-3 weeks from now.
4) Rented an apartment, got lease agreement.
5) Opened Bank a/c in ICICI and HSBC
6) Moved money from India to UK (few thousand GBD), sufficient fund to support our family for few months. My salary is also good.
7) Took BT phone connection at home, I will get its bill in few days.
8) Took Sky Cable connection at home.
9) I will register will GP in next few days.

Now pl help me to answer -

My 1st year of HSMP will expire on 25th Aug 2005

1) When should I apply for FLR, Ideally it should be 2 months but I don't have that much time. July End I will get my second salary slip (first full salary). should I wait till July end and apply for FLR on 27-28th July or I should not wait for that long and apply within few days.
But if I can wait till July end (4 weeks before the first year expire) my case will be stronger ? Pl sugget me.

2) I will send a letter along with FLR form - reason for coming late.

3) Can I take some more steps to make my case strong ?

It is a unique case as I have worked in UK only for 1-2 months and came here 8 months late. Do we have any case in the past where FLR is refused on these grounds.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Regards
- gps

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:35 pm

Just apply normally, I think you'll be fine especially if you have a long term contract. The worst they'll do is only give you a one year extension at this stage given your short time here.

A good friend of mine arrived in January (10 months late), was looking for a job (but didn't find one at the time of application), applied for FLR in March, and was granted a years extestion, even though she arrived late and had no job come FLR time.

Based on this, I'll think you'll be fine.

gps

Post by gps » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:52 pm

Thanks a lot Vayu,

My job is Govt & Permanant.

any thing more can I do to make my case stronger ?

Regards
- gps

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:13 am

there is no guaantee that every govt. job is a job for life like it is back in india.. :-)

don't worry about the future now, get whatever extension u can

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:07 pm

Hi gps,

When I applied for extension I only had two months worth of payslips, I was granted 3 year extension, I think they are more concerned that you have actually become economically active.
'In everything give thanks'

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:22 am

Hi GPS and Vayu,

I have been approved for HSMP on 7th June adn planning to coem to UK in September. I was under such impression that once u get HSMP, u need to apply for EC within 90 days adn once the EC is issued, u must leave the country in another 90 days (that make it 3 monhts). And in addition to this EC is always (????) issued for 12 months. So GPS, how if ur EC is expiring in August 2005, u could come in April 2005? how much time u spent in India after getting ur EC issued? and Vayu, as u said ur frined came 10 months late, how is that possible?

Please answer me as this will help me in preparing accordinly.

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:28 pm

My friend was issued with EC in March 2004, flew over to the UK, initially looked for work but was offered a very lucrative contract in the home country.

She went back, completed the contract, and then came back to the UK in Jan/Feb, and then got the visa extended for one year. She intends to stay in the UK, but sometimes offers too good to refuse come up!

gps

Post by gps » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi dhavaluk,

After getting the HSMP approval, one should get the EC withing 90 days. Normally EC is given for 1 year and that is the time you should be in UK and start earning. ideally you should come here immediately after EC. it takes 1-2 months to find a job here. But due to some problems if one comes late, he has to be working in UK and fully setelled at the time of extension.

Regards
- gps

gps

Hi OFCHARITY

Post by gps » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:48 pm

Pl let tme know one thing -

I will get my second salary on 30th July. I can get bank statement on 1st Aug. I can send my FLR papers on 1st Aug itself. But my current 1st year visa will expire on 28th Aug. I will be able to send my papers just 27 days in advance, will it be any problem ?

I can send my papers now also but I have only 1 salary slip till now and that too for 17 days of work ?

Pl advice when should I send my FLR papers ? I saw in some posts that I should send it min 1 month in adv.

Regards,