ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question: how long does the PSW application take for?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jessica817
Newly Registered

Question: how long does the PSW application take for?

Post by jessica817 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I saw many ppl did say that they have been waiting for long time for their passport back. I am wondering how long it generally takes for? i met my uni adviser he told me about 4 weeks. It seems to be not true. For me, i have been waiting for 6weeks. Will it mean i get a rejection of the PSW if still havent any replied from HO. Hope can hear voice from any succesful applicants of PSW.
Thank you very much!!!!!
and Good luck for all applicants

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Hello Jessica,just wait.There is no obvious reason behind this delay.As far as I know if HO refuses anyone's visa due to a lack of uni letter/Award letter or problem with bank statement or missing documents that comes within 4-6 weeks with refusal letter most of the time.But if anyone have been waiting for since last 3 months it expounds there is no problem with the supporting docs.It takes time owing to a detailed verification which is time consuming.

A

Patience is a virtue!

Post by A » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:58 pm

jessica817,

There is no real time frame. The HO's official stance is 4-14 weeks, however they will take as long as they like really. My housemate received her PSW visa in 2 weeks (a record, surely!) yet I had major hassles and didn't receive my rejection until nearly 3 months after application and now, nearly 6 months later (and an appeal), am still waiting for the visa. I have another friend who got his PSW visa after waiting nearly 3 months, so there is honestly no clear cut time frame. Just because you have heard nothing yet does not mean you will be rejected! Don't panic! But whatever you do, don't book any trips outside the UK!!! :)

Best of luck,
A.

jessica817
Newly Registered

Post by jessica817 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:52 am

Hi
Thank you both of u..
I just got a news from my friend who applied PSW visa later than me, but he told me that he has already got back his PSW visa. It just takes 3 weeks (27/1 sent the application form --20/2 received). I asked him why he got the passport so quick even applied later than me. He said probably the certificate is provided instead of providing other letter to prove student statuts. I duno if it is the main reason delay the processing time.
im just confused how the home office operate. :evil:

jibran_0007@hotmail.com
Newly Registered

Re: Question: how long does the PSW application take for?

Post by jibran_0007@hotmail.com » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:34 pm

hi jessica , i m waiting since last 18 weeks havent receved any news from home office well best of luck.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello Jibran_007, I know why u haven't heard anything from HO yet.Because ur application is waiting for further consideration.Whenever I phone HO they answer my application is waiting for further consideration. It's like the sentence is recorded in an answering machine.

alyssang
Newly Registered

Post by alyssang » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:38 am

I had to wait for 6 weeks to receive back my passport. However, it was rejected. During the appeal stage, and after it was done successfully, I had to wait a further 2 weeks for it to be returned.

A was right. The time frame which the HO gives is between 4-14 weeks average. The passport will come back to you. Just a matter of waiting.

jessica817
Newly Registered

Re: Question: how long does the PSW application take for?

Post by jessica817 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:15 pm

jibran_0007@hotmail.com wrote:hi jessica , i m waiting since last 18 weeks havent receved any news from home office well best of luck.
Hi Jibran_0007, did u ring the HO to find out the reason? I heard many people did try to, but didnt know if HO would answer it. :cry: