ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long we are allowed to stay outside country?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_crazy
Newly Registered

How long we are allowed to stay outside country?

Post by hsmp_crazy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Friends,

My friend is having a tier1 visa and he is not having any job and job search is also not going on very good at the moment. He is planning to go back to home land.

Can i know how long rules allowed people to stay out of country if he is in tier1 ? and if he come back will they allow him into country and will his tier1 will be valid?

i heard that more than 3 months is risky and they wont allow us back. is it true ?

any suggestions will be of really great help to him.

Thanks for your time ,
HC

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:14 pm

even the border agents who 'greet' you at the airport dont seem to know for sure.

i was once told by a border agent in East Midlands airport, that more than 2 months out of the country, in a single trip, would invalidate my visa upon return.

i asked same questions of a border agent at heathrow, he didnt know, nor did the border agent sitting next to him...they said they hadn't been trained about migrants taking 'large' gaps out of the uk.

you might want to get something in writing from the homeoffice before leaving, to avoid any discrepency in the border agents understanding when u return.

hsmp_crazy
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_crazy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks buddy. How to get it from Home office ? will mail proof from them will help us to fight back if they refuse entry ?

Thanks
HC