ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier One Change Again, my plans have been destroyed :(

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aboylearning
Newly Registered

Tier One Change Again, my plans have been destroyed :(

Post by aboylearning » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Today this "Miss Smith" has change the rules again and now they have made it compulsory to have a 'Masters Degree' :(, i don't have one what i should do?? Now i have to wait 2 more years :(

There is another problem , i was trying to check which uni in my country (Pakistan) is in their database for which they give you 35 points for master's degree but it came out there is not a single one, i already have a 4 years bachelors degree in computer science, so if i start masters here, how i can make sure that they will accept my master's degree ? I also email NARIC, lets see what they have to say.

I have this women :(

Please reply, thankx.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am

So you have not even applied yet and you are saying this has ruined your plans? You are clearly still young, why not try another country if you are so desperate?

Better to be hit now than once you have already arrived....

Btw:
I have this women

sounds very dodgy, presume you meant 'hate' and 'woman'? Still wrong though... :?

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:47 pm

This is why UK adapted PBS, they can control immigration whenever they want.

If they need more numbers they will simply change criteria again to allow more people. At this point in time they do not need numbers, considering job market at the moment.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:03 pm

tapindersingh wrote:This is why UK adapted PBS, they can control immigration whenever they want.

If they need more numbers they will simply change criteria again to allow more people. At this point in time they do not need numbers, considering job market at the moment.
DING! :D

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi,

I do not think that Master degree is compulsory. Please can you send me any link which says that they have changes Tier1 General rules. I think everything is in news but nothing is implemented yet.

z00ps00p
United Kingdom

Post by z00ps00p » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Clearly you haven't seen the now 11-page thread.

Here's a link off the Border and Immigration Agency's web site:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... oughertest

And this is the specific quote:
Jacqui Smith announced three significant changes to support British workers and to be more selective about the migrants coming to the United Kingdom from outside the EEA. From 1 April the Government will:

[...]
  • tighten new criteria against which highly skilled migrants seeking entry to the United Kingdom are judged, by raising the qualifications and salary required for tier 1 (General) of the PBS to a Master's degree and a minimum salary of £20,000.
(Emphases mine.)

So yes, it's quite official, not just rumour.

(In practice, I suspect they will just not award enough points for an applicant to be able to make a successful application in the absence of a postgraduate-level degree unless age, previous earnings and UK experience are all in the applicant's favour, and maybe not even then.)