ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Ace,
Just to be clear, you got stamp 6 for whole duration of passport (i.e. expiry of passport)?

Or you got stamp 4 ??

Which stamp did you have before this?(were u on stamp 1?)

Regards
Tiggs

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm

tiggs wrote:Hi Ace,
Just to be clear, you got stamp 6 for whole duration of passport (i.e. expiry of passport)?

Or you got stamp 4 ??

Which stamp did you have before this?(were u on stamp 1?)

Regards
Tiggs
Hi Tiggs,

I was always on stamp4, and after getting WCT, my stamp4 was extended to the duration of my passport. My wife was on stamp1, and it didn't make any difference for her. She still has to get her gnib card and visa renewed every year.

Would you know the difference between stamp4 and stamp5/6.

Cheers,
ace

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi Ace,

Yes, I was afraid of that (that not all Immigration Officers would know about "without condition as to time endorsement").

I'll let you know what stamp I get when I go to the GNIB.

It looks like there's not much difference between Stamp 4, 5 or 6 actually. They all allow you to reside in Ireland without the need of a work permit / work authorisation / etc.

And also, I've seen in some websites that Stamp 5 and Stamp 6 are swapped. So it looks like there's some confusion even within the Government.

Compare these Government websites:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/Refer ... tpreview=1
Stamp number 5
Issued to non-EEA nationals who have lived in Ireland for at least 8 years and who have been permitted by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to remain in Ireland without condition as to time.

People holding this stamp are permitted to work without needing an employment permit or business permission.

Stamp number 6
Can be placed on the foreign passport of an Irish citizen who has dual citizenship, and who wants their entitlement to remain in Ireland to be endorsed on their foreign passport.

This stamp certifies that the holder of the passport is permitted to remain in Ireland without condition.

http://www.entemp.ie/trade/marketaccess ... htm#solvit
Stamp 5– Issued to persons who have dual citizenship through; birth in Ireland; parent(s) born in Ireland; grandparent(s) born in Ireland (Foreign Births Register Certificate required from Department of Foreign Affairs); naturalization or post nuptial citizenship
Stamp 6– Issued to non-EEA nationals who have resided in the State for at least 8 years. It is issued based on the individual merits of each application;

Also, the INIS website itself is not up to date with all the latest stamps:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Stamps

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Ace,
Thanks for your reply. Seems utter confusion everywhere.

LP, the links you mentioned lets print them and take them along.

http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/legalsta ... idency.htm

Is another link.

Will let you know me outcome on Wednesday.

Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Good idea tiggs. I'll bring the print outs of the papers when I go to GNIB.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi Tiggs & LP,

Many thanks for the links. yeah it is a good idea to take the printouts and show this to IO.

I will ring them and get another appointment.

Cheers,
Ace

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

** UPDATE **

I went to GNIB to get my GNIB card renewed after getting a "without condition as to time" endorsement in my passport. I received a Stamp 6, just as INIS told me I would.

However, this wasn't very clear to the GNIB officer at the beginning.

When the officer saw the "without condition as to time" endorsement he said I would be getting Stamp 5. Then I said "actually, I wanted to ask you about it because I found in one government website I should get stamp 6 but in other government website I found I should get Stamp 5, so I don't know which is correct". He then said "as far as I understand it should be Stamp 5, but let me check". He then took my papers (passport + old GNIB card) and went to ask. After about 10 minutes he came back and said that the stamp I will be getting is "Stamp 6".

They then issued the card in the normal way and I got it a few minutes later. It reads "Stamp No. 6".

So yes, if you are going to the GNIB to get your new card, make sure you bring a printout from the DETE webpage and explain that you should be getting a Stamp 6.

DETE's webpage: http://www.entemp.ie/trade/marketaccess ... t/work.htm

I must say that even if the officer wasn't correct at the beginning, he was very attentive to what I had to say and very helpful. I just think that this type of stamp is not very common and that's why there's some confusion around.

Good luck everybody!

LP

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 am

hi ,all guys

As i apply for stamp 6 and have post a copy of my old and currant passport to them since last friday. Do i have to sent to them my original passport now or just wait the answer . any idea from all you.

many thanks

melom

melon
Newly Registered

re-entry visa on stamp 6

Post by melon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:53 am

tiggs wrote:Hi Amar,
There is NO application form as such. Just a cover letter (i.e. something on the lines..i have been here in ireland for etc etc....) and all your passports. Information given at start of thread is wrong. There is no need of P60 etc... Just a cover letter and all your passports (current and expired ones) ...and send it by registered post to address given.
Regards
Tiggs

Note :
-All they want to see is, you are legal resident(not student) for 96 months (i.e. 8 yrs) before, you can apply for this.

- I be going to GNIB first thing next week. Will paste my findings here.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:45 am

Melon,
You need to send original passports(current and expired ones). NOT photocopies.That why application has to be sent by registered post.
Regards
tiggs

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 am

LuasPassenger wrote:** UPDATE **

I went to GNIB to get my GNIB card renewed after getting a "without condition as to time" endorsement in my passport. I received a Stamp 6, just as INIS told me I would.

However, this wasn't very clear to the GNIB officer at the beginning.

When the officer saw the "without condition as to time" endorsement he said I would be getting Stamp 5. Then I said "actually, I wanted to ask you about it because I found in one government website I should get stamp 6 but in other government website I found I should get Stamp 5, so I don't know which is correct". He then said "as far as I understand it should be Stamp 5, but let me check". He then took my papers (passport + old GNIB card) and went to ask. After about 10 minutes he came back and said that the stamp I will be getting is "Stamp 6".

They then issued the card in the normal way and I got it a few minutes later. It reads "Stamp No. 6".

So yes, if you are going to the GNIB to get your new card, make sure you bring a printout from the DETE webpage and explain that you should be getting a Stamp 6.

DETE's webpage: http://www.entemp.ie/trade/marketaccess ... t/work.htm

I must say that even if the officer wasn't correct at the beginning, he was very attentive to what I had to say and very helpful. I just think that this type of stamp is not very common and that's why there's some confusion around.

Good luck everybody!

LP
Good to hear LP. Congrats.....

Just wondering if you had to pay 150 Euros?

Cheers,
Ace

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:49 am

tiggs wrote:Melon,
You need to send original passports(current and expired ones). NOT photocopies.That why application has to be sent by registered post.
Regards
tiggs
hi,tiggs!

thanks you very much ! but i still wonder if it is safe or not though by registered post in this country. :roll:

regards

melon

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 am

Aceform wrote:Just wondering if you had to pay 150 Euros?
Yes, I paid 150 EUR and I was fingerprinted. :(

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 am

melon wrote: ... but i still wonder if it is safe or not though by registered post in this country.
It is! Just remember to keep your an post receipt. It is your proof of posting and contains the tracking number. Print out the tracking on the An Post website once your package has been delivered.

If An Post or INIS lose your passport, you can sue them! :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
Aceform wrote:Just wondering if you had to pay 150 Euros?
Yes, I paid 150 EUR and I was fingerprinted. :(
Thanks for the updates LP. No worries for another 10 years so :-)

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
melon wrote: ... but i still wonder if it is safe or not though by registered post in this country.
It is! Just remember to keep your an post receipt. It is your proof of posting and contains the tracking number. Print out the tracking on the An Post website once your package has been delivered.

If An Post or INIS lose your passport, you can sue them! :)
HI,PL !
Thanks for your information. it is a good idea to check it on the wibsite . i am looking forward to seeing the passport back soon. of course as same as the stamp6 approved.

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Today I received my stamped passport by registered post. This whole process only takes 3 days.

I can NOT believe it ! but it is true .

Congratulations INIS !!! :lol:

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi Melon,
I know i was surprised too. Lets not jinx it, and give everyone our best wishes.

On other note Stamp 5 or Stamp 6... that confusion is still on...
Regards
Tiggs

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

melon wrote:Today I received my stamped passport by registered post. This whole process only takes 3 days.

Congrats melon. I couldn't believe it as well. Happy days. Wish they had same staff working with the Naturalisation division.

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:22 am

Aceform wrote:
melon wrote:Today I received my stamped passport by registered post. This whole process only takes 3 days.

Congrats melon. I couldn't believe it as well. Happy days. Wish they had same staff working with the Naturalisation division.
thanks Aceform! we are on the same boat and waiting for Naturalisation aprroved. just be patient ! forget it ! and someday is happened ! :wink:

good luck to all you

melon

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

Congratulations melon! :)

By the way, did you get a Stamp 6 when you renewed your GNIB card?

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:Congratulations melon! :)

HI,LP

i and my husband are goning to INIS next tuesday. i have printout the information on DETE website which you gave and bring it with me. as for as i know my husband should get stamp6 that i knew in 2005. i have never heard stamp 5 before i came to this forum.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:20 pm

melon wrote:

HI,LP

i and my husband are goning to INIS next tuesday. i have printout the information on DETE website which you gave and bring it with me. as for as i know my husband should get stamp6 that i knew in 2005. i have never heard stamp 5 before i came to this forum.
I think you get Stamp 5 after naturalisation if your original country allows you to hold dual citizenship. Basically, you get your Irish naturalisation certificate and then you can get a Stamp 5 in your non-Irish passport to show that even if you're a national of that other country you're a national of Ireland as well.

Of course, getting an Irish passport should be enough... But getting the stamp 5 on your foreign passport could be handy in case you lose your Irish passport.

Good luck at the GNIB next week! :)

LP

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi Melon/LP,
Stamp 5 / Stamp6 confusion is still ON :roll: :roll: :roll: (can't elaborate at the moment). And Melon if you going to Dublin GNIB office, find out whats the story with Visa ? and possibly your stamp also
Thanks in advance i will keep u posted also. Am going again on Wednesday , last Wednesday IO was out.
Regards
Tiggs

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
melon wrote:

HI,LP

I think you get Stamp 5 after naturalisation if your original country allows you to hold dual citizenship. Basically, you get your Irish naturalisation certificate and then you can get a Stamp 5 in your non-Irish passport to show that even if you're a national of that other country you're a national of Ireland as well.

Of course, getting an Irish passport should be enough... But getting the stamp 5 on your foreign passport could be handy in case you lose your Irish passport.

Good luck at the GNIB next week! :)

LP

HI, LP
It is my fault .i did not say it clearly . my husband was on stamp4 base on work permit holder. i have been ireland since 2002 as depanden wife. now he has without condition as to time endorsement . sorry ,LP . I am not really understand what you mean. :oops:

Regards

melon