ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent for retiring Parents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iman
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent for retiring Parents

Post by iman » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:58 pm

All,

My Father is retiring from his government job soon in India and I want to bring him as my dependent to UK. A few questions regarding the same.

1. Is my father qualified for HSMP dependent although he would be getting some pension.

2. What are the other formalities involved in getting his dependency proven to home office ? I mean does home office requirre any documents ?

Thanks

simar

Re: HSMP Dependent for retiring Parents

Post by simar » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:24 pm

iman wrote:All,

My Father is retiring from his government job soon in India and I want to bring him as my dependent to UK. A few questions regarding the same.

1. Is my father qualified for HSMP dependent although he would be getting some pension.

2. What are the other formalities involved in getting his dependency proven to home office ? I mean does home office requirre any documents ?

Thanks
not possible under any circumstances. espacially when he is govt retire..

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Iman you can do it easily,there is no doubt abt it,If your parents are over 65,than they can apply and get it.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:52 pm

ssoct98@hotmail com, please can you post the rules, because I thought that the sponsor must be settled in the UK.

I can only find reference to children and spouse/partners being able to accompany or join main applicants listed under employment routes.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Section 8 Stated about ILR,but it can be applied on Tier1 dependent also,but you are right, clearly in law its written only for ILR,category.

I have send email to HO,hope so get a reply soon.

iman
Newly Registered

Post by iman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 am

Thnakyou all for working on this.

As far as I know, I think it's possible to get the parents as dependent conditioning they should not be in active service.

Please let me know if you get any details.

Ciao.

simar

Post by simar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 am

iman wrote:Thnakyou all for working on this.

As far as I know, I think it's possible to get the parents as dependent conditioning they should not be in active service.

Please let me know if you get any details.

Ciao.
I have same circumstance as yours. Both of my parents are govt retire. I am their son. So they have to live with me( though this concept is culturally diff from British).One option is for me move back to India. That option is always available. Other option is to bring parents abroad.
Getting them is UK as dependent is next to impossible. 65 year is just one of the conditions. Next is that they should be dependent on you monetary based.
So parents that are poor , have no pension or income/pension less than around 60,000 rupee per annum . Then one can call his/her parents.
But the moment they are well to do, as is case anyway among most of our parents. That it. With Govt Pension , it impposible to hide that they are monetry dependent on you. Another point, if in future you called your parents on visitor visa by showing their good status in India. Subsequent calling them dependent is next to impossible .
Have seen some People get away with medical grounds exception cases,( God willing my parents are okay in health). Also till 70s age parents are okay to like independently in India with regular visits of them or us once a year. The problem starts coming when they start getting more older.
I am sure many people get many ways to work out individual situations. In my case I am migrating to Canada in year time. Luckily Canada allow parents to migrate. My other sibling already a Canadian PR have anyway applied for them so things are in place god willing.
One option worth exploring is investor category. Try earn money for next couple of years . then use same money and some in India to get them here. Best of luck. talk to a lawyer, will get you better idea

iman
Newly Registered

Post by iman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 am

Simar,

Many thanks for your detailed response. it was really helpfull. Not knowing all these details , I had kept my parents in false belief all these days. I think I would give them the bad news soon.

Regards,

motogod
Newly Registered

Post by motogod » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 am

i am in a similar scenario .. it's slightly made worse by the fact thay my mom's health is not great and both are nearing 70. I strongly suggest that you do not tell them it is not possible .. tell them it is a slow process (which it is) .. and tell them it will be a lot more easier once you get your ILR and start sending them some money and once they are above 65 ..

Also tell them that they should rather visit you so that they can evaluate for them selves if life in UK specially at this age is something they can adjust to. In most of the case it means leaving close friends and relatives and forgetting life the way they are used to. So not surprisingly, In many cases the answer is NO.

iman
Newly Registered

Post by iman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am

motogod,
Thankyou for your reply, I understand what you mean. I am recently back from India so can delay all the queries for sometime now.