ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cnu

Post by cnu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 am

They asked me for the p21, sal slips, bank statements -> I just sent those on Friday ...I've applied in Dec 2005 Havent heard anything :(

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:11 pm

exchangeboy wrote:
I recieved letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statements.

Applied on Oct 07 based on working 5 years on work permit.
I am going to send all additional doc next week. so how long i have to wait to get citizenship cert? any approximate time frame?
I have also applied Oct 07, on working visa basis. They didn't ask any documents from me so far. :( . So consider your self lucky for the time being.

As some body said it could Random acts...

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:53 pm

anotherimmigrant wrote:
exchangeboy wrote:
I recieved letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statements.

I am going to send all additional doc next week. so how long i have to wait to get citizenship cert? any approximate time frame?
I have also applied Oct 07, on working visa basis. They didn't ask any documents from me so far. :( . So consider your self lucky for the time being.

Its all your luck ...depends who is there and in what mood..?

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 am

FAQ wrote: Its all your luck ...depends who is there and in what mood..?
No body knows the parameters such as nationality, type of job, type of visa, previous history in passport, location person was living, the reference person given .. no body knows. Process is not clear.

melon
Newly Registered

Post by melon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:17 am

[/quote]

As some body said it could Random acts...[/quote]

Its all your luck ...depends who is there and in what mood..?[/quote]

My husbands applied on Sep.07 based on working 5 years on work permit.he recieved a letter from INIS for additional doc such as marriage affidavit, P21, latest 3 months salary slips and bank statement on 03/02/09. we post to them on 20/02/09 .

just be patient! hopfully can get approved in 6 months ! good luck to all you!

melon

robin_hood
Newly Registered

Post by robin_hood » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am

robin_hood wrote:I phoned INIS today to check on my application.

Applied - January 2006
Ref Number - 68/4xx/06
Additional info requested - July 2008
Submitted and received by INIS - 22/08/2008
Current Status - waiting on Garda clearance, which was requested at the end of August 2008.

I asked if there was any other information they were waiting for - the lady said "no".
Called today for an update since its been 6 months since they requested Garda clearance The lady sounded very surprised that i wanted to know if they have received Garda clearance! She said that my file was in the last stages of the process and that she cannot tell me if they have received Garda clearance or not as it looks like file hasn;t been updated but she can see that file is being worked on at the moment and they will be in touch with me soon I asked whether the file has been submitted to the minister but she said that not yet and the file first has to be prepared and that would get in touch with me if they require any more information What is this all about? Why cant they just say whats going on?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 pm

Tom4 and Crown, any news back yet. Ithink is over a month now since you were told that youre applications had gone to the ministers office?

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm

anotherimmigrant wrote:
exchangeboy wrote:

I expected letter from INIS. they told me month ago to expect letter asking for additional doc in few weeks. may be i am lucky...i hope everyone get there citizenship soon...best of luck to everyone...

crown

Post by crown » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:31 pm

jhbmike wrote:Tom4 and Crown, any news back yet. I think is over a month now since you were told that youre applications had gone to the ministers office?
Nothing yet
Wondering why

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Nothing for me either.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:03 pm

crown wrote:
jhbmike wrote:Tom4 and Crown, any news back yet. I think is over a month now since you were told that youre applications had gone to the ministers office?
Nothing yet
Wondering why
Me too. Still waiting. It seems there have been no approvals yet since January. With my application at the final stage now its driving me mad waiting for them to get back to me.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I think someone (not on this forum) has at least got a decision in February.
See my earlier post regarding PQs.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 pm

sorry meant to say people on this forum!

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 pm

A friend of mine applied on Dec 07. His solicitor sued the Minister in High court for the delay in processing his client's citizenship application and won the case. So the Minister had to approve my friend's application and pay his solicitors fees and expenses.
Isn't this gas!

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Persol wrote:A friend of mine applied on Dec 07. His solicitor sued the Minister in High court for the delay in processing his client's citizenship application and won the case. So the Minister had to approve my friend's application and pay his solicitors fees and expenses.
Isn't this gas!
Well, I don't know if he is telling you truth... here is a link:
http://www.bailii.org/ie/cases/IEHC/2008/
All Iriswh High Court cases with the Department of Justice involved are brought up by refugees, poor, defenseless refugees:-)))

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:59 pm

tom4 wrote:I think someone (not on this forum) has at least got a decision in February.
Yes you are right , they approved some of certs ..one of my friend granted
in end of jan or early feb...he applied in last week of jan07 and I did in early feb 07 so waiting for decision taken by minister..

crown

Post by crown » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:15 pm

FAQ wrote:
tom4 wrote:I think someone (not on this forum) has at least got a decision in February.
in end of jan or early feb...he applied in last week of jan07 and I did in early feb 07 so waiting for decision taken by minister..
FAQ
Do you mean that some citizenship had been granted this year They told me since that mine had gone to the minister Does that mean I am not in that batch? Next batch?
Interesting!
Wonder when the next batch is.
Tom 4, jhbmike any news?

FAQ
Newly Registered

Post by FAQ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:36 pm

crown wrote:
FAQ wrote:
FAQ
Do you mean that some citizenship had been granted this year They told me since that mine had gone to the minister Does that mean I am not in that batch? Next batch?
Interesting!
Tom 4, jhbmike any news?
yes there is ..few my friends granted ..there is so many file and they have to short them ..and you have to know about official ways of working ...some one told me 3 rd week of month minister looks files..so I am waiting for my call on next month..thats my idea about me as they told as well..so lets wait and watch..
any body know some one who had been refuse because of going to social welfare ..so called DOLE ..? any one please drop some hints or experience..or know some one...?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:31 am

crown wrote:
FAQ wrote:
FAQ
Interesting!
Tom 4, jhbmike any news?
Hi Crown, no news yet. Still waiting. Will phone tomrrow for an update.

nseeker
Newly Registered

Post by nseeker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am

FAQ wrote:
crown wrote:
FAQ wrote:
FAQ
Interesting!
Tom 4, jhbmike any news?
yes there is ..few my friends granted ..there is so many file and they have to short them ..and you have to know about official ways of working ...some one told me 3 rd week of month minister looks files..so I am waiting for my call on next month..thats my idea about me as they told as well..so lets wait and watch..
any body know some one who had been refuse because of going to social welfare ..so called DOLE ..? any one please drop some hints or experience..or know some one...?
When did you friends apply for citizenship, and when did they get approval?

Did they apply on the basis of working in Ireland?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 am

nseeker have you got in touch yet with inis yet re youre application. I see youre application has apparently been with the minister for ages now(absoulutely ridiculous) On another note when I last spoke to Inis they told me that my application was being handled in the Dublin office and I applied in Dec 2006. So it can be safe to assume that all applications up to the end of 2006 are in Dublin office and all applications thereafter were sent to Tipp. The rate at which applications are processed at Tipp are way faster than the Dublin ones.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 am

jhbmike wrote:...all applications up to the end of 2006 are in Dublin office ...
Sorry to be contradictory, but that is not necessarily so, mine was mid '06 and the letter asking for further documents was on Tipperary letterhead in an envelope postmarked Tipperary.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 am

oh well then there is no logic to there system.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 am

tom4 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:...all applications up to the end of 2006 are in Dublin office ...
Sorry to be contradictory, but that is not necessarily so, mine was mid '06 and the letter asking for further documents was on Tipperary letterhead in an envelope postmarked Tipperary.
I sent mine in Spring 2006 and it was also processed in Tipperary. I think only applications from 2005 and before were fully processed in Dublin.

However, I think that after Garda check any further processing takes place in Dublin: minister's approval and also the actual issuing of the certificate of naturalisation seems to happen in Dublin.

So what happens in Tipperary is the thorough examination of your papers and some checks. That's the "quick part". It seems that once all your papers are in order and have asked you for further documents (P21, etc), your file is forwarded to the Garda and then to the office in Dublin for the final stage.

LP

citi
Newly Registered

Claiming Dental Benefit

Post by citi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:15 am

Hi,

I was told last week that my application has gone to the minister for a decision after nearly 2 years sice applying. I have claimed denal benefit for an oral examination once before based on my PRSI Contributions. Do you think this would affect my citizensip application

Thanks

Citi