ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes Very soon in Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonvivz

can every1 ask for a written confirmation

Post by bonvivz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

can I request everyone to call WP and get written confirmation so we can reviewall the replies.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

unless she means that you are currently on hsmp, you are not expected to apply under new rules immediately.
U will face the music when you apply for extn ?

What excactly she told you on phone-that it wont affect you when you apply for extn ?

reladith
Newly Registered

Post by reladith » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Look there is far too much contradiction here and lack of understanding of the new guidelines being implemented.

Truth is the people who answer these questions at Home Office probably know nothing more than you or I. Thats a fact if you consider all the responses, and the wide array of answers ranging from there will be no affect to anyone extending, to it will be affecting everyone who extends!!

Even an MP as we seen on here has no idea!!!

We will not know until Home Office explicitly provide intrinsic detail as to the new guidelines, and you are a better man then i if you know when that will be.

At the moment the wording is merely a press release from a political officer who we all know is under pressure to retain her job.

At the end of the last High Court drama, what where the facts and what inititives did Home Office employ to counter an appeal being successful again? Can they do this and get away with it?

If YES then prepare for the worst. If No dont worry...

So all this banter in here is just making people nervous and really counter productive to what these forums are all about.

THE FACTS!

Sit tight, wait for the experts on here to provide the detail and then from there initiate your move.

All you lads are doing to creating a firestorm out of something you/we really have no power over...
Last edited by reladith on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victorbugz
Newly Registered

Post by victorbugz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi All,
Just spoke to Andrew in Sheffield and he is absolutely certain the new rules will be implemented for Brand new applications to Tier 1. I have also asked him if people on HSMP go for extension, would that be considered as new applications into Tier 1 and his answer was NO. HSMP extensions after April 2009 will not be considered as new applications for Tier 1. However he could not provide the same information in writing and advised me to contact Immigration Bureau.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

umanghere wrote:unless she means that you are currently on hsmp, you are not expected to apply under new rules immediately.
U will face the music when you apply for extn ?

What excactly she told you on phone-that it wont affect you when you apply for extn ?
Perfect.. Its straight forward that, existing HSMP guys need not re-apply. However, when they wanna extend their HSMP, then this new rule gets activated for them...

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Thats a perfect answer...But, as a human tendency one gets nervous and try to get more info...

we all have to wait for the new policy guidelines to be released...not sure when it will be released...maybe by March-end also..

reladith wrote:Look there is far too much contradiction here and lack of understanding of the new guidelines being implemented.

Truth is the people who answer these questions at Home Office probably know nothing more than you or I. thats a fact if you consider all the responses and the wide array of answers ranging from there will be no affect to anyone extending will be affecting!

Even an MP as we seen on here has no idea!!!

We will not know until Home Office explicitly provide intrinsic detail as to the new guidelines, and you are a better man then i if you know when that will be. At the moment the wording is merely a press release from a political officer who we all know will be out of a job very soon.

So all this banter in here is just making people nervous and really counter productive to what these forums are all about.

FACTS!

Sit tight, wait for the experts on here to provide the detail and then from there initiate your move.

All you lads are doing to creating a firestorm out of something you/we really have no power over...

reladith
Newly Registered

Post by reladith » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Again Victorbugz... read my above post...

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm

"unless she means that you are currently on hsmp, you are not expected to apply under new rules immediately.
U will face the music when you apply for extn ? "

I think that's exactly what she's saying. It's consistent with what HO has said in the past.. It doesn't affect those currently on HSMP because they still can use their current visa. She's saying that it might affect you when you renew.

Basically, she's not said anything that we don't already know. I agree, we'll need to wait until the new guidelines come out to understand the impacts.

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:59 pm

reladith wrote: So all this banter in here is just making people nervous and really counter productive to what these forums are all about.

THE FACTS!

Fully agree. I am surprised to see this topic going up to 9 pages within 48 hours.. And all we are doing is fretting over a matter which the administration itself is not clear about. Give it a week folks.. there should be some better (and clearer) communication from HO. Anyways, there are other things to worry over in this period.. why go nuts over something which is a result of improper communication...

simar

Re: Can any1 decipher this for me?

Post by simar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:00 pm

bonvivz wrote:Guys,

I called up HSMP WP this morning, she explained to me that its not affected to the applicants who are applying for extension, however I have asked to confirm in writing, the following is the mail attached, can you guys decipher it for me..?

---------->
----- Forwarded Message ----
To: zakkiahmed@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:45:10 AM
Subject: New rules

Dear Customer

Thank you for your query

I write to confirm, the rules regarding tier 1 general that are due to
be introduced in 2009, will not require current HSMP holders (that is
individuals who applied before the introduction of the Tier 1 general)
to re-apply under the new rules. However it may effect any extension or
further applications that are submitted.

I hope you find the above information useful

Regards

Samina
Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
PO box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Tel: 01142074074
Fax: 01142074000
email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
--------->

What this email reply suggest is that people having current valid visa under hsmp need to not " re-apply" ie thier current visas are vaild for the period given to them to stay in this country . BUT whenever they apply for further extention , then they will be cover under new rules.

I know most people believe that once they got visa then it is valid under any circumstances for that period. That is not the case. Govt have power to revoke validity of even currently given visa too to stay or work here in UK.

bonvivz

getting confirmation in writing.

Post by bonvivz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:02 pm

victorbugz wrote:Hi All,
Just spoke to Andrew in Sheffield and he is absolutely certain the new rules will be implemented for Brand new applications to Tier 1. I have also asked him if people on HSMP go for extension, would that be considered as new applications into Tier 1 and his answer was NO. HSMP extensions after April 2009 will not be considered as new applications for Tier 1. However he could not provide the same information in writing and advised me to contact Immigration Bureau.
Thanks victorbugz,

In order for us to keep a safe we need to push them to get it written and if he is certain and has got the notice, I see there is no reason why he cannot confirm in writing. Its safe every1

simar

Post by simar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 pm

In fact what this email response suggest that people should not assume in future that their current visa once given are safe/ or gives gurrantee to work and stay in UK. Govt under public pressure can revoked currently given valid visa and ask people to deport from the country

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Just spoke to Ashley in WP department and he said he is certain that it will not affect people who are currently on HSMP and nearing their extention whether before 1 April or after 1st April.

He asked me to read out the email from Samina (which i did), as he knew her, and said that the letter may be a bit vague as it suggests that IT MAY affect. But he recomended me that its best we phone 0870 606 7766 and get a confirmation from them.

As of him, he confirmed it wont affect HSMP extension applicants.

I think its better we concentrate in our work at our respective work places. There is nothing we can do about what HO does.

victorbugz
Newly Registered

Post by victorbugz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:Just spoke to Ashley in WP department and he said he is certain that it will not affect people who are currently on HSMP and nearing their extention whether before 1 April or after 1st April.

He asked me to read out the email from Samina (which i did), as he knew her, and said that the letter may be a bit vague as it suggests that IT MAY affect. But he recomended me that its best we phone 0870 606 7766 and get a confirmation from them.

As of him, he confirmed it wont affect HSMP extension applicants.

I think its better we concentrate in our work at our respective work places. There is nothing we can do about what HO does.
That is exactly what ive been told, so at least we are getting some kind of parity in the responses we had. They may have had a briefing about the situation and the rules. Well, we can only hope for the best. Fingers crossed and GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

rohitv
Newly Registered

Post by rohitv » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Has any one got through to 0870 606 7766. It is always busy no matter what time of the day you call that number.

bonvivz

no news

Post by bonvivz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

rohitv wrote:Has any one got through to 0870 606 7766. It is always busy no matter what time of the day you call that number.
Rohit,

I managed to connect to this number after numerous tries, the lady said they have no updates and advised to see the updates on the HO website.

bonvivz

no news

Post by bonvivz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:48 pm

rohitv wrote:Has any one got through to 0870 606 7766. It is always busy no matter what time of the day you call that number.
Rohit,

I managed to connect to this number after numerous tries, the lady said they have no updates and advised to see the updates on the HO website.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:48 pm

I did tried calling that number and spoke to someone called Sharon....Even, they are not clear and they are intepreting on the new update put on website....I think things should be clear when policy guidelines comes out.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Justice Sir George Newman, on 8th April 2008 Judicial Review judgement observed “I find that the terms of the scheme, properly interpreted in context and read with the guidance and the rules, contain a clear representation, made by the defendant, that once a migrant had embarked on the scheme he would enjoy the benefits of the scheme according to the terms prevailing at the date he joined.The Judgment concluded “In the circumstances, I am satisfied that the terms of the original scheme should be honoured and that there is no good reason why those already on the scheme shall not enjoy the benefits of it as originally offered to them. Good administration and straightforward dealing with the public require it. Not to restrain the impact of the changes would, in my judgment, give rise to conspicuous unfairness and an abuse of power.â€

aaammmiii

Post by aaammmiii » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Guys I had called 08706067766 yesterday and had informed you guys that they say they know as much as we know and are not ready to give a definitive answer.

I did call the other number 0114 ... and the response from them was not very clear but my inference is that those who have old HSMP (old one when you needed 65 points to get the approval would not be affected) the new HSMP (those needed 75 points and English language ) would need to get in contact with 0870 606 7766.

My feeling is that unless we do not have more details from HO website we can only speculate. I plan to apply before 1st April for my extension as I do not have a Masters Degree and got the first HSMP for 2 years (expires on 25 May2009).

Appreciate if friends let me know if I have mis-understood anything here.

simar

Post by simar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:54 pm

[quote="nionlight"]Justice Sir George Newman, on 8th April 2008 Judicial Review judgement observed “I find that the terms of the scheme, properly interpreted in context and read with the guidance and the rules, contain a clear representation, made by the defendant, that once a migrant had embarked on the scheme he would enjoy the benefits of the scheme according to the terms prevailing at the date he joined.The Judgment concluded “In the circumstances, I am satisfied that the terms of the original scheme should be honoured and that there is no good reason why those already on the scheme shall not enjoy the benefits of it as originally offered to them. Good administration and straightforward dealing with the public require it. Not to restrain the impact of the changes would, in my judgment, give rise to conspicuous unfairness and an abuse of power.â€

rohitv
Newly Registered

Post by rohitv » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="simar"][quote="nionlight"]Justice Sir George Newman, on 8th April 2008 Judicial Review judgement observed “I find that the terms of the scheme, properly interpreted in context and read with the guidance and the rules, contain a clear representation, made by the defendant, that once a migrant had embarked on the scheme he would enjoy the benefits of the scheme according to the terms prevailing at the date he joined.The Judgment concluded “In the circumstances, I am satisfied that the terms of the original scheme should be honoured and that there is no good reason why those already on the scheme shall not enjoy the benefits of it as originally offered to them. Good administration and straightforward dealing with the public require it. Not to restrain the impact of the changes would, in my judgment, give rise to conspicuous unfairness and an abuse of power.â€

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm

If it was the case that the new rules would apply to HSMP (75points) and not HSMP (65 point), I believe it may well apply to future Tier 1 extension applications.

In such a case, current Tier 1 holder’s extensions would be next due in 2010-2011. AND if masters was now required, they may have to start studying fulltime instead of working, which makes them ineligible for ILR as they won’t be economically active in their period of leave to remain. OTHERWISE they could start it part-time (starting September 2009, next session) but would not be able to get hold of their degree as on a part-time mode it takes 2 and ½ years when the extension arrives. You get stuck in both ways.

The Home Office should be sensible enough to not introduce the Masters for current HSMPians or Tier 1 holders as it totally goes against the logic and indeed human rights to be treated fairly, the grounds that were used by HSMPFORUM LTD. Even if they are introduced I, unlike Gordon, believe that the HO may want to have transitional arrangement.
It’s quite pathetic time for the whole UK society when I read entries on this forum. It’s the whole issue of TRUST that is lacking in between migrants and the HO. If I don’t trust HO I may well leave this country then gamble with my precious time.

Being migrants, we are strong stake holders in the UK society and the HO should be protecting our interests. The problem is we are not united as a pressure group even though we hold some key senior positions in our organisations, and when you line us all we are one strong part of new emerging UK. I would request my seniors to start a community where we can be represented with set goals and objectives.

Personally, I could get a masters degree this summer by fast tracking my Dissertation but for me, my education is more important and I think I need to balance it rightly. I want to spend time in Dissertation as its going to be the topping of my degree which I don’t particularly want to put to waste.

Morale of the story? F**K unfairness in this world. You can’t expect anything from anyone. Live for today and plan for tomorrow. For those affected by these new rules, fight for your rights!
Even if everything turns out to be on our side, we got to get together for tomorrow. Who knows what may happen when Conservatives are in!

simar

Post by simar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm

[quote="rohitv"][quote="simar"][quote="nionlight"]Justice Sir George Newman, on 8th April 2008 Judicial Review judgement observed “I find that the terms of the scheme, properly interpreted in context and read with the guidance and the rules, contain a clear representation, made by the defendant, that once a migrant had embarked on the scheme he would enjoy the benefits of the scheme according to the terms prevailing at the date he joined.The Judgment concluded “In the circumstances, I am satisfied that the terms of the original scheme should be honoured and that there is no good reason why those already on the scheme shall not enjoy the benefits of it as originally offered to them. Good administration and straightforward dealing with the public require it. Not to restrain the impact of the changes would, in my judgment, give rise to conspicuous unfairness and an abuse of power.â€

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm

[quote="simar"][quote="rohitv"][quote="simar"][quote="nionlight"]Justice Sir George Newman, on 8th April 2008 Judicial Review judgement observed “I find that the terms of the scheme, properly interpreted in context and read with the guidance and the rules, contain a clear representation, made by the defendant, that once a migrant had embarked on the scheme he would enjoy the benefits of the scheme according to the terms prevailing at the date he joined.The Judgment concluded “In the circumstances, I am satisfied that the terms of the original scheme should be honoured and that there is no good reason why those already on the scheme shall not enjoy the benefits of it as originally offered to them. Good administration and straightforward dealing with the public require it. Not to restrain the impact of the changes would, in my judgment, give rise to conspicuous unfairness and an abuse of power.â€