ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation for a student visa holder who has Irish mom

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

el_nino
Newly Registered

naturalisation for a student visa holder who has Irish mom

Post by el_nino » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi guys!

Here is my story, I came to Ireland in 1998 under a student visa to be united with my mom who was on a working visa then. She has been naturalised through marriage in 2003, I graduated from DCU in 2007 and worked in a local Irish company since. I am currently on a one year long stamp 4 visa under family re-unifiction, it expires in March 2009. The Immigration officer told me to just go to the GNIB office when my visa expires and that they will renew it for me .

My question is, I want to study in Japan for the next 2 years , what would happen to my stamp 4 status?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs, and good luck for all those who need it!

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:27 am

stamp 4 visa have some requirements that u should not be outside the cocuntry more than 90 days, in some cases 6 months. but if u wana go more than this period like 2 years u have to contact Immigration department and get their approval becaus u can lost ur stamp 4 if u r outside ireland more than the granted time for stamp 4.

el_nino
Newly Registered

Post by el_nino » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. Ya that was I was told by the immigration officer when I went down there ( Nasty attitude she had on her)

So I was told to write a letter to General Immigration to explain my situation and see what happens.... Its a very confusing situation to be in to say the leaset...

el_nino
Newly Registered

Post by el_nino » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Just an update on my situation for whoever is interested.

I have applied for the stamp 6 visa which otherwise known as the permission to stay without condition as to Time endorsement on Monday, I haven't get anything back yet, so fingers crossed.