ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant wife visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silda
Newly Registered

dependant wife visa

Post by silda » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm writing this in deep pain and hope someone 'll help me..

I'm a fresh graduate (december 23 2008) of Indian nationality currently residing in Dubai as a dependant under my father.I got married 8 months back while i was still a student. As soon as I got graduated I thought of starting a family life with my husband in uk.My husband is on limited leave to remain in uk (december 20 2009) working in Apache as a petroleum engineer.

I gave my first application for a visit visa using VAF1 application form on December 31st 2008 and got a rejection on january 7th 2009. Later on, on advice from the Public visa enquiries,Uk border agency I applied as for a dependant of an employee working in uk using VAF2 application form and got another rejection.

Qouting my refusal letter below-

Whilst you have provided some evidence of your sponsor's circumstances in the uk you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence of your own personal and economic circumstances,consequently this has prevented me from assessing your application in the full knowledge of your circumstances. You have failed to provide any personal bank statement from you or your husband. As a dependant of a person in an employment category I need to be satisfied that you will be able to maintain yourself adequately without recourse to public funds. in the absence of any bank statement from either you or your husband I cannot be satisfied that you are able to maintain yourself with recourse to public funds while in the uk.

I have provided documents regarding my graduation date.
what personal and economic circumstances are they asking from someone who has been a student until 1 month back?
How can such a person have bank statements?
I have clearly mentioned in part 9 of the application that I'm a dependant under my father and a dependant under my husband while in uk.

My husband's bank statement (original) was submitted with my first application and stated about its earlier submission in the second application.
It is difficult to get another bank statement in th uk, states my husband.
But that is being pointed out in my second rejection.

I'm literally in tears with the way ECO has assessed my case:(
Can anyone sugest how i can go about this?

Thanks in advance

silda
Newly Registered

Post by silda » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:08 pm

John, Kayalami, Mwazir,Chess... sumbody plzzzzzzzzzz help with this one!!!!!!!!!

:(

silda
Newly Registered

Post by silda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:54 pm

I heard that we can ask vfs to refund the money we paid there as the application is rejected and visa is not issued... is this true??

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello

you can ask, but they will say no. It is a fee for considering your application, not issuing a visa.

You should provide the documents that you want them to consider with the application, not refer to a previous application.

If you have a right of appeal you could appeal. You could also ask for a reconsideration. You may also want to get a solicitor or OISC registered representative.

It may be a pain getting duplicate bank statements, but it is worse getting your application refused.

Did they return the statements after the first application?

silda
Newly Registered

Post by silda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 pm

i went to the consulate myself .
no.. they said they dont return bank statements. they only return original certificates

silda
Newly Registered

Post by silda » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm

i managed to get copies of the bank statements once again :)
but 'm not sure wat I shod be doing next?
ask for reconsideration? (by provinding bank statements again)
appeal?
re apply?

I dont understand how I satisfy the Eco "evidence of personal and economic circumstances"

wat exactly do they expect?
i had provided my course completion certificates (it was a 5 yrs course) as evidence of personal circumstances. but still rejecting asking for personal and economic circumstances..

its so vague...
wat do i provide?