ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freei_007

Post by freei_007 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:This educational establishment, if it exists, is not registered with any of the required accreditation authorities so is unable to offer any recognised education.

Therefore any poor misguided fool who wishes to give them money for "education" will not achieve anything other than emptying their bank balance. This is NOT another CCL waiting to happen.

The same limited company name was used in the late nineties but was struck off for not submitting accounts

UKBA is not as blind as it used to be - we got better spec's now!

And we got rid of the guide dog long ago - in joke - :lol:
As you said now then what about past?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 pm

The past is already written, wait until the future becomes history then let’s decide if the new system works any better.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:34 pm

As far as CCL goes, in the past UKBA kept all the applications on hold for months, did a raid and then refused pretty much all the applications, got the college off the DIUS register of providers and off the list of listed bodies, took people's leave away if they flew into an airport and sent them packing. I think that counts as doing something if that is what went on. That pretty much seems to be the consensus from the message boards.

The new college mentioned isn't able to sponsor international students, they don't even seem to have a website.

Unfortunately (or not) this is not the Minority Report with precogs able to see crimes before they happen. UKBA or the police can only act afterwards. If anyone has any sensible suggestions about how scams can be prevented perhaps they can share them.

Getting a student list every 6 months from the colleges would make their life difficult. Also more spot checks.

Otherwise you take your chances, private colleges are businesses like any other business, and some are in it to scam, some to make as much profit as they can, some do it badly but with love, and some are excellent. The majority probably in between.

I recommend that unless you are going for an industry recognised qualification, only pay your hard earned money for a properly recognised and accredited qualification, not an internally awarded piece of paper.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 pm

PaperPusher wrote:As far as CCL goes, in the past UKBA kept all the applications on hold for months, did a raid and then refused pretty much all the applications, got the college off the DIUS register of providers and off the list of listed bodies, took people's leave away if they flew into an airport and sent them packing. I think that counts as doing something if that is what went on. That pretty much seems to be the consensus from the message boards.

The new college mentioned isn't able to sponsor international students, they don't even seem to have a website.

Unfortunately (or not) this is not the Minority Report with precogs able to see crimes before they happen. UKBA or the police can only act afterwards. If anyone has any sensible suggestions about how scams can be prevented perhaps they can share them.

Getting a student list every 6 months from the colleges would make their life difficult. Also more spot checks.

Otherwise you take your chances, private colleges are businesses like any other business, and some are in it to scam, some to make as much profit as they can, some do it badly but with love, and some are excellent. The majority probably in between.

I recommend that unless you are going for an industry recognised qualification, only pay your hard earned money for a properly recognised and accredited qualification, not an internally awarded piece of paper.
Be honest, no one can stop these scams. This is ture UK gov can't stop these thing. If HO or Gov stop one way then its 100's of other ways to do things.

People who doing these typeof scams, they are very clever and its not possible to catch them. May be you catch some of them but not all.

This is true that Uk HO and gov not that clever.

Frontier Mole you was very happy that HO refused CCL applications and people have to go back. I am sure most of them already found the way to safe their stay in UK.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 am

Code: Select all

Code: Select all

new college website    lcps.org.uk

even they highlighted about getting psw after completing courses mentioned there. though not updated about london campus.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:29 am

sunshine11 wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:As far as CCL goes, in the past UKBA kept all the applications on hold for months, did a raid and then refused pretty much all the applications, got the college off the DIUS register of providers and off the list of listed bodies, took people's leave away if they flew into an airport and sent them packing. I think that counts as doing something if that is what went on. That pretty much seems to be the consensus from the message boards.

Be honest, no one can stop these scams. This is ture UK gov can't stop these thing. If HO or Gov stop one way then its 100's of other ways to do things.

People who doing these typeof scams, they are very clever and its not possible to catch them. May be you catch some of them but not all.

This is true that Uk HO and gov not that clever.

Frontier Mole you was very happy that HO refused CCL applications and people have to go back. I am sure most of them already found the way to safe their stay in UK.
The govt cannot stop them opening a 'legit' business but then they can no longer bring in international students, which will soon put a lot of them out of business as no home student will go to them anyways when they can get funding to attend a proper uni. So if you come into the UK through admission from a legit uni now under the tier-4 system and decide to attend another CCL, then it's your fault. I would advice you to all advice your friends since you know so much about these colleges.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:48 am

lcps.org.uk is another college according to their site, are you saying they have taken over CCL premises? Or are you suggesting that CCL and London College of Professional Studies were always run by the same people? They don't appear to offer unrecognised qualifications on their website but ones from Sunderland.

Unfortunately after a while all the colleges seems to be just "London Oxford Cambridge College of Law, Business Professional Studies Academy of Business and IT Management Learning Excellence in Commerce"

They need to hire people to think up better names, after a few years they really do all blend into one.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:01 am

PaperPusher wrote:lcps.org.uk is another college according to their site, are you saying they have taken over CCL premises? Or are you suggesting that CCL and London College of Professional Studies were always run by the same people? They don't appear to offer unrecognised qualifications on their website but ones from Sunderland.

Unfortunately after a while all the colleges seems to be just "London Oxford Cambridge College of Law, Business Professional Studies Academy of Business and IT Management Learning Excellence in Commerce"

They need to hire people to think up better names, after a few years they really do all blend into one.
  • I went there myself and saw this college name in big signboard in ccl premises. I found all information on the window like web address etc.
    and i didn't say for sure same people run the college but they might be behind the scene.
    Otherwise how come they find or choose ccl premises far from Luton.
    and you know one thing ccl also used to teach bsc(hon.) for university of sunderland. it was approved teaching center of university of sunderland.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Hello all
I don't want to argue. Just want to let you know CCL college is still closed and the college you talking about is on top floor.

This college was in this building last 2-3 years.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 am

sunshine11 wrote:Hello all
I don't want to argue. Just want to let you know CCL college is still closed and the college you talking about is on top floor.

This college was in this building last 2-3 years.
Thanks for clarifying that sunshine11, I guess some people who claim to have been 'genuine' students never seemed to notice the school whilst they were 'studying'.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 pm

no more mud slinging. no more post. enjoy life, live to full. thanks.

raja-a
Newly Registered

Post by raja-a » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:21 pm

picolla wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:lcps.org.uk is another college according to their site, are you saying they have taken over CCL premises? Or are you suggesting that CCL and London College of Professional Studies were always run by the same people? They don't appear to offer unrecognised qualifications on their website but ones from Sunderland.

• I went there myself and saw this college name in big signboard in ccl premises. I found all information on the window like web address etc.
    and i didn't say for sure same people run the college but they might be behind the scene.
    Otherwise how come they find or choose ccl premises far from Luton.
    and you know one thing ccl also used to teach bsc(hon.) for university of sunderland. it was approved teaching center of university of sunderland.
LCPS is a different college and is in Luton. check their web site. second opening a college is not a crime. If they are running a business there is no harm in it. Students have the responsibility of making sure the qualification they are studying for is recognized. A number of colleges dont need international students they run language classes for eastren eurpoeans n offer short courses to local people so.

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Hello Everyone...
I got new update for all of you. I been for hearing (don't want to tell you date). HO guy didn't turn up. we give proof to court. Now i am waiting for decision to come. Court said it will take 2-3 weeks for decision.

Don't worry guys every thing will be fine. I hope this will help you. I am trying to HELP you all guys as much as I can...

freei_007

Post by freei_007 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:09 am

sunshine11 wrote:Hello Everyone...
I got new update for all of you. I been for hearing (don't want to tell you date). HO guy didn't turn up. we give proof to court. Now i am waiting for decision to come. Court said it will take 2-3 weeks for decision.

Don't worry guys every thing will be fine. I hope this will help you. I am trying to HELP you all guys as much as I can...
Thanx for updateing my friend. i wana ask from you that judge asked questions from you and now what your lawyer is saying. your lawyer explain each and everything in detail, why HO guy didn't turn up.

Thanks again

hasil
Newly Registered

hey

Post by hasil » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 am

Yea, this happens a lot of times. HO doesnt turn up beacuse they are not bothered and they leave it up to the judge to ask questions and decide.

If your lawyer is good, then u can win easily in this situation as the burden of proof is on the HOme office to prove that your degree is false. and the judge has to be convinced on this point.

ticktock
Newly Registered

Hey

Post by ticktock » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 am

I had a hearing as well last week, my solicitor was very good. the HO was there and he proper confused them.

in the end the judge had to adjourn the hearing and now it will be heard after few weeks again. the judge told me my case was really strong.

sunshine11
BANNED

Re: Hey

Post by sunshine11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm

ticktock wrote:I had a hearing as well last week, my solicitor was very good. the HO was there and he proper confused them.

in the end the judge had to adjourn the hearing and now it will be heard after few weeks again. the judge told me my case was really strong.
am sorry i am not agrre what you said " the judge told me my case was really strong"

Judge not allowed to say this thing. I been for hearing as well. HO guy didn't turn up, still judge didn't say me any thing.

I am waiting for decision.......

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

sunshine11 wrote:
ticktock wrote:I had a hearing as well last week, my solicitor was very good. the HO was there and he proper confused them.

am sorry i am not agrre what you said " the judge told me my case was really strong"

Judge not allowed to say this thing. I been for hearing as well. HO guy didn't turn up, still judge didn't say me any thing.

I am waiting for decision.......
  • sunshine whatever you said in this forum are true. There is consistency in your talking. i agree with you.
    some are misleading others.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 am

If your case was that strong, u'd be told there and then that your appeal would be allowed.

hasil
Newly Registered

Post by hasil » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:01 am

Diokpa wrote:

If your case was that strong, u'd be told there and then that your appeal would be allowed.
the person has exlained that his hearing was adjourned as the judge may have asked the HO to provide further evidence. this is more common than it sounds as the judges are cautious since they do not wish to make an Error of law in any way.

and subsnhine, the judges can say if a case is strong if this is their view since they read all the papers before attending the hearing.

ukmigrate.com
Newly Registered

CCL APPEAL WON

Post by ukmigrate.com » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:18 pm

!!
Last edited by ukmigrate.com on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:36 pm

ukmigrate.com

Why are you advertising here. The Home Office will still have a chance to appeal against that deciasion I would have thought.

Your website is also seriously out of date, which is not particularly professional.

I also do not understand why you have a Birmingham telephone code, but an office above a shop in Ilford.

I also could not find "Uk Migrate" on the OISC register at:

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/people_seeking_i ... _advisers/

Nevertheless, you have the OISC logo on your website.

Who are you and what is your name, I thing it is only right that you are open about this seeing as you are a purportedly reguslated immigration advisor. Are you someone who has got hold of the CCL mug list & are you now just trying to wring a few more pounds out of them?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Now found you on the OISC list:

UKMigrate.com
Address: 58B Ilford Lane
Ilford
Essex
IG1 2JZ
England
Telephone: 08000 786 786
FAX: 020 8911 6260

Still concerned about your name, why your website is so rubbish and why you are saying you have won an appeal.

Is your name Talat? Has the Home Office given you permission to use their logo in a manner that suggests you are approved by them? Do you mind if I let them know?

sunshine11
BANNED

Post by sunshine11 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:16 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Now found you on the OISC list:

UKMigrate.com
Ilford
Essex
IG1 2JZ
England

Still concerned about your name, why your website is so rubbish and why you are saying you have won an appeal.

Is your name Talat? Has the Home Office given you permission to use their logo in a manner that suggests you are approved by them? Do you mind if I let them know?
I don't know why people lie? I check CCL forums every day. It seems like people enjoy to make other people fool. If you can’t help then please don’t spread rumors.

People saying many things but don’t know how much true?? I been to my hearing and I still waiting for results.

I provide all the evidence and judge said will give decision in 2-3 weeks. As soon as I will get result I will let every know

freei_007

Post by freei_007 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:56 pm

sunshine11 wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:Now found you on the OISC list:

UKMigrate.com
Ilford
Essex
IG1 2JZ
England

I don't know why people lie? I check CCL forums every day. It seems like people enjoy to make other people fool. If you can’t help then please don’t spread rumors.

People saying many things but don’t know how much true?? I been to my hearing and I still waiting for results.

I provide all the evidence and judge said will give decision in 2-3 weeks. As soon as I will get result I will let every know
It's ture now decisions are coming.