ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinoth7007

tier1

Post by vinoth7007 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Last edited by vinoth7007 on Tue May 04, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 rejection-on maintenance funds ground-self employ

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 pm

vinoth7007 wrote:Hi

I am the sole director and 100% shareholder of a limited company in UK. My Tier 1 extension have been rejected on the grounds that I didn't have sufficient maintenance funds mainly because of two problems:
1. I somehow managed NOT to send them one of my previous statements (although I had about GBP 3000 balance on the account in that month, everyday
2. My company accounts weren't considered as a proof to access to maintenance funds

My question is-the guidance notes don't mention that I can't send my company accounts statement as a proof for maintenance funds so is it possible to get the visa by appealing on this ground.

Secondly, I applied for extension on 30 Dec and my leave to remain expired on 6 Feb but I didn't get the visa rejection letter (dated 17 Feb) and documents posted until 20 Feb. So, can I reapply with a fresh application now-even though my visa is expired.
Should I still appeal on the last application so that I have a legal right to stay in the country while I reapply (otherwise-I would have to apply from my home country in view of expiry of the leave to remain)

I would be grateful for any advice. many thanks
call 0870 606 7766 of UKBA and ask for their advice.

inlondon2005

Post by inlondon2005 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:03 am

R U sole trader and contractor or Started your own Pvt ltd company in your name? did you employed anyone? do you pay yourself as PAY format along with dividents? is your company account is business name account run by yourself only? if yes then why you didn't give yourself income from your business account in to your personal account? did you give tax on it so far along with NI class 2 and 4 contributions?

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 am

Last edited by vinoth7007 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 am

And it's a private limited company and I didn't employ anyone. I paid myself in PAYE format and obtained dividents as well

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:37 am

You must have got a right to appeal.

The best thing is to call the HO and ask them.

What one of my friends did in the past was to appeal the decision anyway. Resend new application aswell..

BUT dont think that you have lost it all.

The firm I work in actually got a reconsideration recommendation from the tribunal judge of appeal for one of our client's refusal in very similar circumsatces as yours only that it was for PSW.

So try your best and hire a good solicitor.

vinoth7007

Post by vinoth7007 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

please let me know the contact person in your firm if you have an exoperience in the same.

thanks very much

amirbashir
Newly Registered

Maintenace Funds for Dependent Visa

Post by amirbashir » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Hello, Can anybody advice me on following questions:

I came on HSMP visa in July 2008, I got initial visa for 2 years which is valid till may 2010.

I am working as a contractor, and the way I am heading forward, Inshallah I will meet my earning requirements easily.

1. Currently I am getting paid from my company about 16000 p.a. gross, rest I will take as divident. I have to apply vida for my wife and kid. I have £3200 in my account but only from 1 month. My wife has her personal statement in Pakistan which has enough funds to show as maintenance.
What is your expert advice, should I wait for my own statments to meet maitenance funds requirement or I can apply using my wife's personal statements as a proof of funds?

2. When I have to apply for extension, and how much visa I will get? Will it be extended for 3 years at once or I have to extend every year?

Please reply me.

Thanks for all of you who are sharing their experiences.

Regards,
Amer Bashir

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenace Funds for Dependent Visa

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:48 pm

amirbashir wrote:Hello, Can anybody advice me on following questions:

I came on HSMP visa in July 2008, I got initial visa for 2 years which is valid till may 2010.

I am working as a contractor, and the way I am heading forward, Inshallah I will meet my earning requirements easily.

1. Currently I am getting paid from my company about 16000 p.a. gross, rest I will take as divident. I have to apply vida for my wife and kid. I have £3200 in my account but only from 1 month. My wife has her personal statement in Pakistan which has enough funds to show as maintenance.
What is your expert advice, should I wait for my own statments to meet maitenance funds requirement or I can apply using my wife's personal statements as a proof of funds?

2. When I have to apply for extension, and how much visa I will get? Will it be extended for 3 years at once or I have to extend every year?

Please reply me.

Thanks for all of you who are sharing their experiences.

Regards,
Amer Bashir
Dear amir

You should make a new post instead of starting a new topic in this thread.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 pm

My question is-the guidance notes don't mention that I can't send my company accounts statement as a proof for maintenance funds so is it possible to get the visa by appealing on this ground.
If you read the guidance notes, it clearly says, you need to send your personal bank account statements. The money in the company account does not belong to you directly.

Please let us know, if you got any other letter or appeal form etc. along with your return document package

dnd
Newly Registered

Post by dnd » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 am

nnj10 wrote:
If you read the guidance notes, it clearly says, you need to send your personal bank account statements. The money in the company account does not belong to you directly.

Please let us know, if you got any other letter or appeal form etc. along with your return document package
that's right. the company is a separate legal entity from you, even if you are a director. the company's money is not your money, and so is not available as maintenance funds :(. you can appeal but i don't think it would succeed.