ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Guys,

I know the below link is not appropriate for this thread but I just thought I will bring to the attention for you guys.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/p ... 776746.ece

Jus thinkin how its gonna affect (if they do change the rule) for the people who are still awaiting decision from HO?

Senior Members - your views are much appreciated.

Regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:38 am

I don't think they can change the rules for applications already submitted. They have to use the rules and regulations in place at the time of the application being submitted. Furthermore, I also wonder if the plans will affect entrants to the UK rather than those already here. I guess we will have to wait and see.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 am

Congratulations guys!

They will be considering application received on or before the 19th of January from next week, so I hope I'll receive some good news soon.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 pm

wp_to_tier1_168,

Durham is only payment processing centre, you need to send the documents to sheffield address:

Tier1
UKBA
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:19 pm

drjabberwocky23,

Latest update from today's news

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/New-mi ... 72991.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

coolchap wrote:drjabberwocky23,

Latest update from today's news

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/New-mi ... 72991.html
There already a thread created on this website as shown below about the rule change, please contribute. Many thanks
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 254#229254

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 am

drjabberwocky23 wrote:Congratulations guys!

They will be considering application received on or before the 19th of January from next week, so I hope I'll receive some good news soon.
Hi Drjabber.. wish you all the goodluck for the good news soon,, when is your date of application?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Hi Drjabber.. wish you all the goodluck for the good news soon,, when is your date of application?
tvn_ramesh, you should see some progress of your application by end of this week. when are you planning to call HO btw?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 am

hsmp28122006 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

tvn_ramesh, you should see some progress of your application by end of this week. when are you planning to call HO btw?
Hi HSMP..
I think actual progress/result will be know in the 2nd half of next week, till that time i dont want to worry too much.. esply after all those hard experiences you guys faced... hope u agree with it..
just going with the flow, esply with this new Apr09 bomb out in the Tier1 Area...
But i will update you all on any major developments... Thank you...

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
hsmp28122006 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Hi HSMP..
I think actual progress/result will be know in the 2nd half of next week, till that time i dont want to worry too much.. esply after all those hard experiences you guys faced... hope u agree with it..
just going with the flow, esply with this new Apr09 bomb out in the Tier1 Area...
But i will update you all on any major developments... Thank you...
I agree with you, mate! Good Luck!!

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:39 am

Called HO today morning at 10:30 AM. Status is Waiting for Consideration.
Tier-1 General Ext Application:
Appl Sent: 10th Jan
Delivered at HO: 12th Jan
Fee Debited: 12th Jan
Ref Letter rcvd: 15th Jan
25Feb: Wating Further Consideration
27Feb: Under Consideration
02Mar: Send the documents by SD

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:00 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Hi Ramesh - the date my payment was processed was 19th January. Like you say, we may hear something this week or maybe next week. I am just worried as my existing leave to remain expires this Friday, so there will be no second chance for me.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Hi Ramesh - the date my payment was processed was 19th January. Like you say, we may hear something this week or maybe next week. I am just worried as my existing leave to remain expires this Friday, so there will be no second chance for me.
Good to hear that DrJabber.. Dont worry about the result, as long as you know you provided the correct and complete info/evidence asked/required by the Guidance.. leave it to uupar waalaa.. nothing more in our hands..
we will just wait and watch.. Yes, i am expecting to hear next weekend.. Goodluck to you DrJabber...

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Good to hear that DrJabber.. Dont worry about the result, as long as you know you provided the correct and complete info/evidence asked/required by the Guidance.. leave it to uupar waalaa.. nothing more in our hands..
we will just wait and watch.. Yes, i am expecting to hear nex
t weekend.. Goodluck to you DrJabber...
Too true. Hope you hear some good news soon too.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Hello Friends..

Any updates on applications who submitted on or before 14th JAN?? there should be some news for you guys this week..

Do keep us uptodate and posted...

With the recent restrictions in the Tier Levels... whole group went quite... forsure, eveybody are disappointed but guys such is life, nothing is easy nor straight forward..

Anyway good luck for those guys who will receive Passports this week do get them with Visa APPROVED stamps on it...

Cheers...

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Called HO today morning. Status is still "Waiting for Consideration."

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:10 pm

nakvis wrote:Called HO today morning. Status is still "Waiting for Consideration."
Nakvis.. thanks for your update.. does it exactly say "Waiting for Consideration" or "Under Consideration" or "Under Further Consideration"?? becos these were the recent/previous terminologies used by the previous applicants..
Anyway thanks again for the update.. and good luck for the news/ result..

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi Ramesh,

Its clearly "Waiting for Consideration". They also explained that it is waiting to be assigned to a case worker.

I am hoping that this week, the status gets changed to Under Consideration. Once it goes into Consideration, then it just takes 2-4 days to complete the processing.

I hope even yours get picked up this week.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:37 pm

nakvis wrote:Hi Ramesh,

Its clearly "Waiting for Consideration". They also explained that it is waiting to be assigned to a case worker.

I am hoping that this week, the status gets changed to Under Consideration. Once it goes into Consideration, then it just takes 2-4 days to complete the processing.

I hope even yours get picked up this week.

Nakvis...
Thanks for the clarification.. you are right.. it just needs to go to the UC n than in few days they give the result..
Wish you all the goodluck..

sunflower

Post by sunflower » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:28 pm

I too applied on 12th January for my hsmp extension. Just checed with HO and status is "waiting for consideration".

goldhill
Newly Registered

HSMP - Tier 1 (not JR)

Post by goldhill » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Guys

I have called the Home office today and asked for a clarification on the date of application which the home office consider as 'Application Received'. I was told that it's the date that the reference letter has. In my case I have posted my application on 14-Jan-09 but received by the Home Office on 15/01. However my reference letter was dated on 14-Jan-09. In which case my application should have considered for processing last week iteself?. Guys any comments?.

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP - Tier 1 (not JR)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:42 pm

goldhill wrote:the home office consider as 'Application Received'. I was told that it's the date that the reference letter has. In my case I have posted my application on 14-Jan-09 but received by the Home Office on 15/01. However my reference letter was dated on 14-Jan-09. In which case my application should have considered for processing last week iteself?.
That is a good info..

If your application has been considered for processing lastweek than you should expect your results and passport with you sometime this week...

that's wat we found/ understood with the dates a of today..

EDITED:
Application Received Date = Date on reference letter

I am not sure about this..

Can any of the applicants who got their Visa's match your dates, and confirm if that lady at HO mentioned it right??

HSMP.. James.. n others...

JamesLu

Re: HSMP - Tier 1 (not JR)

Post by JamesLu » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 am

goldhill wrote:Hi Guys

I have called the Home office today and asked for a clarification on the date of application which the home office consider as 'Application Received'. I was told that it's the date that the reference letter has. In my case I have posted my application on 14-Jan-09 but received by the Home Office on 15/01. However my reference letter was dated on 14-Jan-09. In which case my application should have considered for processing last week iteself?. Guys any comments?.

Regards
It doesn't matter if it is around one or two days. I think your case will be considered in the middle of this week.

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 am

Just called HO and the status now is "Waiting for Further Consideration".

goldhill
Newly Registered

Post by goldhill » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 am

Called up HO. Status is 'Under Consideration'......
What does it mean?