ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you hold necessary relevant qualifications?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rao166

Do you hold necessary relevant qualifications?

Post by rao166 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:09 pm

The question is in the under 28 form

Do you hold necessary relevant qualifications and/or memberships to work in your chosen field (in the UK)?

I am in IT/Software field. Do i need to have some membership to any UK council.

What shud be the answer of this question think IT industry?

rao166

Post by rao166 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:27 am

any idea?????

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:11 am

I Don't think so, i ahvent' read from any post from IT Professional before. I am not a IT Professional though....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:41 am

rao166, there is no legal requirement for an IT Professional to hold any particular qualification. Of course any qualification or membership might help in getting a job but it is not a legal requirement as such.

Suspect the question is getting at people such as Doctors or Dentists etc.. For example, if you were a Dentist then in the UK it is legally impossible to work as a Dentist without holding the necessary qualification.
John

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:50 pm

I think if you could show them any worldwide known certifications like MCSE, MCT, CCNA, CCEA... would be an advantage, and also might help in other areas as work experience, but I dont think it's a requirement.

I've sent all my certificates with my application, I advise ppl in IT to do the same, it does not awards you points but it might help to support evidence you provided in other sections.

Good Luck!
LBF.