ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

better to apply now. got visa in 5 days.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

globetrotter_ks

better to apply now. got visa in 5 days.

Post by globetrotter_ks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:08 am

Dear all

Its better to apply now than to wait for situation to improve in the UK. Even if u apply now and get ur visa dont travel now. But when the situation will improve in the UK after 6months and people all over the world will apply for UK visa it will be difficult to get the visa. As of now ur just spending 45k for ur visa fees. I applied for my visa on 5th feb and got it in 5 days. I submitted all my documents even visiting card and i card of the company. I am just a commerce graduate.People who are there will make u negative not to go to UK. but if such bad is the scene then they should also leave the UK. Guys be positive its still a good country to live in. Better then India.
All the Best

Regards

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:35 pm

yes what does a commerce grad know about the job market than a job seeker view...

there are 10 million jobs waiting to be filled. now everyone rush here. and make this country richer.

only a dumb idiot will believe that this market is great !

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:49 pm

@globetrotter:

can u tell us the documents u submitted that helped u get such a speedy visa? and i completely agree wid ur point of view.. jus appl.. get the visa nd stay put.. coz it wud be too difficult later.

please do tell wat documents u submitted nd ur tips on getting such a speedy visa!

regards,
ashish

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:55 pm

@globetrotter:

i just saw another post of urs.. and i had exactly the same query.. about form 16. as i have filed my retuens only once (rest of the period was not in the fiscal year).. nd i dont have anything else except form 16.

u think form 16 is enough?

did u take the help of any consultancy firms for filing ur visa?

i have some queries regarding my part time earnings. can you throw any light on that?

nd lastly.. how many points were u scoring overall?

kindly helop me with whatever answers u can to the above questions.

P.S. if u dont mind... kindly pm me ur email id.. i wud appreciate if u allow me to get in touch wid u regarding some queries.

thanks a lot.

regards,
ashish

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm

sashi1979

FYI my 4 friends are commerce grads and they are on this visa and they have got good jobs in the UK. So we understand things better than u. If Laxmi Mittal woud have taken ur advise he wud still be in Rajasthan. Software guys think that only they can go on these visas but they have a problem there whereas we commerce grads have enough job opportunities. BE POSITIVE AND SPREAD IT. DONT SCARE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 am

I scored 95 points. Dont know about part time earnings as a professional will be able to help u. Form 16 is fine as they are only interseted in ur earning period . infact my form 16 was from aug 2007 to mar 2008. I submitted even my bank fd's apart from maintanence funds in saving ac's plus job prospects letter. all the employer letter like appoinmnt letter, appraisal leter , confirmation letter, icard, visiting card. This was to make them sure about my relation with the employer hence no verification was done for the same. My previous passport as it had visas of 12 countries.

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 am

hi globetrotter,

thank u for ur response.

by job prospects letter, do u mean the new job prospects or the previous one?

secondly, as u have shown earnings till march 2008, i wanted to know, how did u take the exchange rate? from oanda at the last date or march'08? or something like an average or so?

and as per ur case.. the reason for delay in most applications is because of the verification with employers, it seems. if they are convinced bout ur relationship with the employer, they really expedite it!

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 am

also, as u have shown form 16 from aug'07 to mar'08, but u wud hav claimed salary for the rest of the months before aug'07 (havent u?)

wat proof did u show for that?

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:23 am

globetrotter_ks wrote:sashi1979

FYI my 4 friends are commerce grads and they are on this visa and they have got good jobs in the UK. So we understand things better than u. If Laxmi Mittal woud have taken ur advise he wud still be in Rajasthan. Software guys think that only they can go on these visas but they have a problem there whereas we commerce grads have enough job opportunities. BE POSITIVE AND SPREAD IT. DONT SCARE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.
Who is stopping you? Why so much inferiority complex?!

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 am

sashi1979 wrote:yes what does a commerce grad know about the job market than a job seeker view...

there are 10 million jobs waiting to be filled. now everyone rush here. and make this country richer.

only a dumb idiot will believe that this market is great !
We do not need such harsh remarks on anyone

I am an IT grad with 5 years experience , 3 years in India and couple of years in UK( no, not onsite) and I see a thousand people moaning everyday on the market. My friends have secured jobs who have been there. I am in India, but I still get 2-3 genuine calls every day.

Now if anyone want to moan about the job market , it is better you keep it to yourself as no one here is an imbescile or so immature not to understand how the market is.

If you have anything useful or encouraging, please post it.

What mr. trotter says makes complete sense and it is no rocket science to understand that.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Infact i joined my current co in the month of june 2007. and have shown my earning from jan 08 to dec 08. I have produced salary slips which is signed by my employer. you need to show them that there are jobs available for u in the UK so u have to take job availability printouts from the net. dude if u are single i suggest u go ahead and apply dont get scared. u dont have anything to lose and not taking a big risk at all. A person who doesnt have a mercedes car will always tell u that its a bad car and is expensive. so ter are many people here in this forum who will scare u , they think they are gods of immigration. Do u think UK govt is fool to come out with such scheme. Even they need migrants as they contribute a lot to the economy. Migrants work hard there and dont get acces to public funds and the tax wat to pay goes to the benefit of UK residents. Bindass go ahead. To be sucessful one needs to take risk in life.

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 pm

completely agree wid u dude!! thats exactky how i am thinking.. all i am concerned is that if i m trying.. i need to put the best papers forward!

nd urs is an exemplary case... which can help a lot of us. the way u have presented has allowed u to get such a quick visa. of course i'd like to know the documents u have presented.

is it possible for u to post the documents u presented in the order (i hope its not asking for too much!)

another question: as u have shown ur form 16 till march'08, u have only shown bank statements and payslips from march to dec? am i right? how many points did u claim for ur previous earnings?

i have all the documents.. but i know that they reject a lot of applications due to insufficient evidence of previous earnings. pluas as i am going to show my part time earnings as well (as a freelancer). i just want to be sure of the documents.

thanks a ton dude!

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:58 pm

I even submitted a letter from the ICICI bank that i am having account in thier bank and its a salary account. plus icici bank statement stamped by them.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Story on Recession.....
This Story is about a man who was selling Hotdogs by the roadside. He was illiterate. His ears & eyes has problem.He sold lots of hotdogs. He was smart enough to offer some attractive schemes to increase his sales. His sales and profit went up. He ordered more a more raw material and buns and use to sale more. He recruited few more supporting staff to serve more customers. He started offering home deliveries. Eventually he got himself a bigger and better stove. The son, who had recently graduated from College, joined his father. Then something strange happened. The son asked, "Dad, aren't you aware of the great recession that is coming our way?" The father replied, "No, but tell me about it." The son said, "The international situation is terrible. The domestic situation is even worse. We should be prepared for the coming bad times." The man thought that since his son had been to college, read the papers, listened to the radio and watched TV. He ought to know and his advice should not be taken lightly. So the next day onwards, the father cut down the his raw material order and buns, took down the colourful signboard, removed all the special schemes he was offering to the customers and was no longer as enthusiastic. He reduced his staff strength by giving layoffs. Very soon, fewer and fewer people bothered to stop at his hotdog stand. And his sales started coming down rapidly, same is the profit.
The father said to his son, "Son, you were right". "We are in the middle of a recession and crisis. I am glad you warned me ahead of time."
How many times we confuse intelligence with good judgment?

Choose your advisors carefully but use your own judgment A person or an organization will survive forever, if they have the 5 Cs Character, Commitment, Conviction,Courtesy, Courage

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Dude i don have the set with me as i had applied thru an agency from mumbai. PM me if u want the agency details.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Ashish
for my previous earnings i had submitted.
1) my payslips signed and stamped by HR ( from jan08 to dec 08).
2) icici bank statement.
3) icici bank letter.
4) only Form 16 which shows income from aug 2007 to march 2008.

I claimed 45 points for my previous earnings.

bruceb
United Kingdom

Post by bruceb » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Mr. Sashi1979 went ballastic in the threads across the forum!
Good reponse globetrotter must appreciate your attitude...
when are you going to UK?

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:48 pm

June 2009.

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 pm

thanks dude!

all the best for ur job search in UK.

and yes.. good reply to Mr. Sashi.. really like ur optimism.

hopefully this optimism is contagious :D

Aspirant_Hsmp
Newly Registered

I too got it!

Post by Aspirant_Hsmp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi All,

I got my visa in 8 working days! Pretty quick. I guess if all your documents are in place, there will be no need for verification. Its the Verification which eats lot of time. I had the following documents submitted:

1. Earnings - 12 month Bank Statement, Payslips
Additional: Form 16 and ITR1 for the last 2 years
My hike letter from Employer - This mentions the breakup of my salary into diff components, these components are seen in Payslips.
Promotion letter
Relieving letter from former 2 employers.

2. Age - Original DL

3. Maintenace - Additional 3 months bankstatement - It had the same info as 12 month, however I took an additional 3 month statement solely for showing maintenace funds

4. English Lang - My univ is recognised by NARIC. However, got one letter from my University stating the my degree was taught in English

Other tips:
For maintenance funds conversion - Took 3 months History of rates from ooanda and calculated the GBPs for the highest value in 3 months and showed that the lowest balance in these 3 months was more than the highest value of pound in 3 months.

Hope this helps.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 am

Infact i did not even submit my resume nor employment details of the previous companies.

ashdaone@gmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by ashdaone@gmail.com » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 am

@globetrotter

sent u PM regarding the agency. kindly helpme with the agency specific query!

thank u !