ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGE OF NAME

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cha_cha1
Newly Registered

CHANGE OF NAME

Post by cha_cha1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi all

I wondered if anyone could help. My wife has now taken my surname of Hussain through deed poll. Her passport is due to be sent in two months for the indefinate stamp to be put on but it has her fathers surname on it. Would i need to change the passport and her visa onto a new passport

Thanking you in advance

JClark
Newly Registered

Post by JClark » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:53 pm

I had to change my name last year due to marriage and I had to get a new passport and then send it off to get a new visa put in to it so if I was you I would get the new passport now or you will then have to do it later at some point..

Also if she has legally changed her name she really should change it on her passport aswell. I would pay to get a speedy new passport and submit that one along with all evidence of her changing her name when the time comes..