ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i apply Now for Tier 1 ? (before april)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anks22
Newly Registered

Should i apply Now for Tier 1 ? (before april)

Post by anks22 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:03 am

Dear Friends,

I have been planning to apply for UK Tier 1 , but now since the rules are about to change i am a bit confused.

I do not have a masters degree .
I also have the required funds to show well being (for more than 3 months in my bank account) & have enough points to apply.

Please suggest
- Should i apply now in the first-Second week of March to come under the old rules of processing ?

- Are the chances of rejection higher now before April as the aim is now to reduce the number of people entering ?

- Is applying in the month of March too risky with higher chances of rejection ?

Please Suggest

All your inputs are valuable.

BR
Ankz
Last edited by anks22 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

vineet.b5

Post by vineet.b5 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 am

If you have required points, there should not be any problem for March applicants. They will be under existing rules only. To reduce the number of people entering, they are going to implement new rules.

One thing is sure, Since you dont have Masters, you will not be able to applyi after april (Most likely).So, you have no other option left but to apply in March.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:25 pm

are you really hopeful of finding a job here ?

I hope you are not in the IT industry.. in which case fine...

if you are part of the IT industry.. then havent you read the forums here ?

good luck.. but imagine there are only 2.4 million people unemployed in britain today. better save your money for another 6 months and come back in 6 months time.

its upto you anyway.

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm

so if IT industry is in such a crisis, why dont u ppl get back to ur country?
what the hell r u ppl doing there?

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm

why do you worry about that pal. With the forum name as "Immigrant" I suppose you too are one of them. Why do you say something like that.?
We all try to get a better life and inturn take some risks and get into a mess. That does not mean that we should not risk Mate. Advise people dont discourage.

anks22
Newly Registered

Post by anks22 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 am

Ohio_Fireblade wrote:why do you worry about that pal. With the forum name as "Immigrant" I suppose you too are one of them. Why do you say something like that.?
We all try to get a better life and inturn take some risks and get into a mess. That does not mean that we should not risk Mate. Advise people dont discourage.
-- Let me put it this way , I do not belong to the IT industry. Nor am i planning to visit till the situation in UK improves.

The question was whether applying before April has higher chances of rejection.

Please help answering this

anks22
Newly Registered

Post by anks22 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:05 am

sashi1979 wrote:are you really hopeful of finding a job here ?

I hope you are not in the IT industry.. in which case fine...

if you are part of the IT industry.. then havent you read the forums here ?

good luck.. but imagine there are only 2.4 million people unemployed in britain today. better save your money for another 6 months and come back in 6 months time.

its upto you anyway.
Please refer my quote at the bottom

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:17 am

ideally apart from the new clauses that they are gonna introduce, the chances of rejection dont change any before or after april.