ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Dependents - Post Tier 1 Approval of Main Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rimjhimjain
Newly Registered

Re: Covering Letter- Dependent Visa

Post by rimjhimjain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 pm

covering letter is not so important....my husband took the covering letter with him during application, but the VFS agent returned it...he was asked to fill a separate form at VFS which essentially acts as covering letter...

mohit_2881 wrote:I would appreciate if anyone can advice covering letter format to be used for dependent visa and whether it should be addressed from mail applicant or dependent.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 am

Cover letter format for Tier1 General dependant, when the main applicant is still staying in India

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email: <dependant’s emailid>
Phone No: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dated: 26 November, 2008

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) Dependant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <dependant’s name>, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ as a dependant to my husband who should be considered the main applicant. His details are as below

Main Applicant Details
Name : <main applicant’s name>
Passport : xxxxxxx
Tier1 Visa Validity : xxxxxxx
Currently staying in : India

Following is the list of documents provided along with my application.

1. Identity

• Passport

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Marriage Photos

3. Main Applicant Details
• Copy of Passport of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds
As a main applicant my husband is maintaining maintenance funds for us two for the claim
period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008.

• Official bank statement of my husband (main applicant), account <account number> with ICICI Bank, India covering period 25 Aug, 2007 to 24 Nov, 2008 this includes the claim period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008. There is a vertical highlight line drawn in the statement for the claim period.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.
Yours sincerely,
<dependant’s name>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a matter of fact, we can only show 3 months bank statement, but since VFS Customer Care guys told me to put 15 months statement to be on the safer side, I put it.

The above mentioned was taken from this thread :http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 9&start=40

Asif786

Dependent Wife and Kids

Post by Asif786 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply dependent visa for my wife and two kids aged 2 & 4 yrs. I am currently still in india and my visa would start on March 24.

The queries are

1) Should i use VAF 10 for each of the dependents.
2) Or is there a seperate form for the children.

Any feedback would help.

Thanks

Aspirant_Hsmp
Newly Registered

Need to apply for Dependents

Post by Aspirant_Hsmp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi All,

I got to Tier 1 Gen visa today. I need to apply for my wife and kid now. Can I use the same bank statement used for my Visa? Its less than 1 month old.

Again - Since I am yet to leave India, Can I mention that my employment details in UK are not yet available?

Please advice.

Thank you!

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 am

Any Latest updates on dependent applications.. It is claimed that it is not necessary to show accomodation proof if main applicant is still in India post Dec 2008....Any udates...

barbaraf
Newly Registered

tier 1: should applicant and dependent apply together

Post by barbaraf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 pm

The border agency recommends that my husband (the applicant) and I (dependent) apply together, but it's so expensive that we're thinking of having him apply first and then submitting my application only if his is successful. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this would affect our chances of being successful?
Thanks.