ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What about stamp 'Public Funds Prohibited'?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

What about stamp 'Public Funds Prohibited'?

Post by jas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 am

Hello,

I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain and recently went on vacation to India for few weeks. When I arrived back in UK, immigration officer stamped the entry date and also additional stamp 'Public Funds Prohibited'. Please advise if its common and what does it mean as my ILR viginette does not state any such restriction.

Thanks.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:11 am

If you hold ILR, then as of now you are entitled to claim public funds such as child benefit, child tax credits etc.
"No recourse to public funds" is a condition imposed for certain categories such as work visas. Your best bet is to contact UKBA and explain them your situation and ask them the process to get the additional stamp removed in case it makes a difference.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:15 am

I suspect that this is a clumsy endorsement by the IO. Does the "public funds prohibited" bit appear above the rectangular date stamp? If so, then he had a wobbly wrist when he stamped the page, or the page was buckled slightly and engaged that part of his stamp.
The IO stamp has the rectangular part which serves to show the date and place of the endorsement, and is used on all passports where leave to enter or remain is required. At the top edge is a small flange at an angle bearing the words "Leave to enter for 6 months Employment and public funds prohibited" with a small bracket over the top. So by hitting the page with the date stamp and then rolling the wrist slightly, the IO quickly grants leave to enter as a visitor to the countless streams of tourists who are non-visa nationals. In IO colloqialism, such an endorsement is known as a "roll".
In your case he/she may not have hit the page squarely, so this part of the visit stamp may have come out.
It happens. I wouldn't worry about it.

jas

Post by jas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 am

Mr Rusty, dnicky,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

Mr Rusty, As you mentioned, the 'Public Funds Prohibited' stamp appears slightly above of the date stamp. And it is slightly blurred too. As advised, I would ignore it.