ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter to Lunar House

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

twostars
Newly Registered

Letter to Lunar House

Post by twostars » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

I am leaving the UK to go back home to Zimbabwe to get married and apply for a spouse visa.
I have been living in the UK illegally for the past five years. I was advised to write a letter to Home Office to tell them that I am leaving the country voluntarily just before I leave. I came here in Feb 2001 and was asked to leave in 2003. Do I need to bother doing this? Am I still on their records at all?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Letter to Lunar House

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm

twostars wrote:I am leaving the UK to go back home to Zimbabwe to get married and apply for a spouse visa.
I have been living in the UK illegally for the past five years. I was advised to write a letter to Home Office to tell them that I am leaving the country voluntarily just before I leave. I came here in Feb 2001 and was asked to leave in 2003. Do I need to bother doing this? Am I still on their records at all?
I think the advice you have had is exactly right. There will still be a record, and it's a good idea to draw a line under such things. Send your letter Recorded Delivery, and keep a copy to show UKBA officers, if you encounter any, at the airport. If you don't see any, don't go looking for them.
Writing to UKBA enables you to argue (if you have to) that you are leaving voluntarily and not "removed".

twostars
Newly Registered

Post by twostars » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks for the advice Mr Rusty. I think you are right, i should just draw a line and make a new start with the new application. :)

Hope all goes well with the spouse visa application, read a lot of helpful stuff on this forum. You guys are really helpful.

twostars
Newly Registered

Post by twostars » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 am

Does anyboby know which department I address this letter to in Lunar House? I need to send the letter today if anyone can help as soon as possible. Leaving tomorrow.
Also should the letter be a one liner to say that I am leaving the UK voluntarily or should I also mention that I will be getting married and applying for a spouse visa. I still have my reference number from back in 2003.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:58 am

twostars wrote:Does anyboby know which department I address this letter to in Lunar House? I need to send the letter today if anyone can help as soon as possible. Leaving tomorrow.
If you still have paperwork from when you were "asked to leave", you could address it to there. Of course, that may be a local Immigration Enforcement office, but they can update the database and send it on. The main thing is to quote any Port or Home Office reference numbers.
But otherwise, if you address it to the Caseworking Department at Lunar House, it should get linked with your HO file eventually.