ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR. Category who did not apply for ext and left the UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ANZ
Newly Registered

HSMP JR. Category who did not apply for ext and left the UK?

Post by ANZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:27 am

Hi all.

We are former HSMP holders affected by the judgment HSMP JUDICIAL REVIEW from category who did not apply
for an extension of stay and left the UK.

Now we wish to apply for reinstatement as a highly-skilled migrants from Moscow.

My wife is main applicant, I and our son are dependants. We are going to apply together. As we understand, main applicant must apply under Tier 1 General application and pay the relevant fee.
The question is: Do we need to pay a fee (£600) for each dependant application :evil: ?

There is no information about our category on 'HSMP Forum judicial review' page of uk borders web site and link for full guidence in HSMPJRForumGuidence does not work.
Annex F of Tier 1 General Guidence directs to ukvisas.gov.uk for a guidence for our category, but I can't find it there.
Does anyone have the correct link to this guidence?

In February 2006 we were granted 1 year HSMP visa. Could we expect 4 years extension now as it was under the old rules?

Anyone from this category here? It seems to me that we are alone in Russia.
Thank you for help.
Anzor.

motogod
Newly Registered

Post by motogod » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 am

As long as the main applicant and all his/ her dependants apply together you only pay one fees.

I think this is the link you are looking for
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ialreview/

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 am

motogod wrote:As long as the main applicant and all his/ her dependants apply together you only pay one fees.

I think this is the link you are looking for
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ialreview/
Thanks for reply. But it's not that link. I've already read every word on that page but nothing about payment there. :(

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:49 am

Hi,

I agree with motogod. I applied under JR and did not pay any extra fees for my dependent.

Hope this helps..

N

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:51 am

nksg wrote:Hi,

I agree with motogod. I applied under JR and did not pay any extra fees for my dependent.

Hope this helps..

N
Have you applied from outside the UK, without applying in the past?

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:59 am

I applied in country .. first extn. My initial leave expired in Jan 09.

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 am

nksg wrote:I applied in country .. first extn. My initial leave expired in Jan 09.
Have you created separate applications for your dependants or just put their details in FLR HSMP form?

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:27 am

It was just one form. The details of the dependents should be in 19, section 3, page 3 of the form.

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:14 pm

nksg wrote:It was just one form. The details of the dependents should be in 19, section 3, page 3 of the form.
The procces differs for outsiders, unfortunately. But I still don't belive that we have to pay £600 for each dependant application.

motogod
Newly Registered

Post by motogod » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:40 pm

At the bottom of the page on the link that I sent earlier is a question. I think it is similar to yours. Essentially it says if you had left Britain before 07-Nov-2006 your application has to be a Brand New appliaction for Tier 1. But if you had left UK after 07-Nov-2006 then it does not say anything ... I suggest calling the British Embassy to find out more and I believe there will be a logical time limit uptill which point you would be allowed to claim an extension, if atall they allow you to do so.

I was on the HSMP but left the country before 7 November 2006. How am I affected?
CloseYou are not covered by the judgment. You cannot claim that you left the country because of the new extension test as no announcement was made about it before 7 November 2006

ANZ
Newly Registered

Post by ANZ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:15 am

motogod wrote:At the bottom of the page on the link that I sent earlier is a question. I think it is similar to yours. Essentially it says if you had left Britain before 07-Nov-2006 your application has to be a Brand New appliaction for Tier 1. But if you had left UK after 07-Nov-2006 then it does not say anything ... I suggest calling the British Embassy to find out more and I believe there will be a logical time limit uptill which point you would be allowed to claim an extension, if atall they allow you to do so.

I was on the HSMP but left the country before 7 November 2006. How am I affected?
CloseYou are not covered by the judgment. You cannot claim that you left the country because of the new extension test as no announcement was made about it before 7 November 2006
I left UK after 7 November on last day of my visa. The only one question is: Why I have to pay full £600 fee for dependant applications? This is not an initial application, this is HSMP extension! Operators from Embassy call center will never answer this question. :evil:

motogod
Newly Registered

Post by motogod » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:25 pm

hmm .. no one can ask them why that's the issue .. they can charge what they want and we have to pay :( .. talking of which I suggest get it done asap before they decide to increase the fee again ..

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

ANZ,

Stop thinking about the fees. You can easily recover £600 once back in UK.
If you really want to return back to UK (i.e Considering the fact you are not eligible for Tier 1 due to lack of points) better hurry up as they will stop this after 31st July 2009.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... umGuidance

Category (b) If you are a category (b) applicant you must first apply for Entry Clearance in Tier 1 (General) and pay the relevant fee. If you do not qualify under Tier 1 (General), you may request that your application then be considered under the former HSMP extension rules which were in place before the Rules change (see Annex A). "Please note that applications in this category must be made by 31 July 2009. Any applications made after this date will not be considered."