ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Dependant Travel to UK without Primary Applicant ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ani29
Newly Registered

Can Dependant Travel to UK without Primary Applicant ?

Post by ani29 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi,

I am the primary applicant and my husband and child are dependants. I would like to know if my husband can travel alone to UK on this visa ? After the visa was issued in November, we travelled once as family in December, 08. He plans to go look for a job in March this year. Are there any restrictions on dependant travelling alone ?

Regards,
Anitha

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:58 pm

To what i know, dependents can travel alone to UK. My wife does..

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 pm

As long as there are no breaches in immigration conditions, dependents can travel alone as many number of times as they want.

ani29
Newly Registered

Post by ani29 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

i was just worried if it would be an issue for him to travel, while i am in India. thanks.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:46 pm

ani29 wrote:i was just worried if it would be an issue for him to travel, while i am in India. thanks.
Although you have already travelled together once on your visa, you are clearly not living in the UK and I think that you might face an IO who may not look kindly on that kind of scenario.
Normally if you are already there, then the IO can contact you if your dependent shows up later. Not only are you not in the UK, it doesnt sound like you have a residence for him his visit.
This is not the kind of scenario the visa envisages to cover.
Do you have an established residence in the UK??

ani29
Newly Registered

Post by ani29 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 am

hi,

we have relatives in london. therefore we have identified where we'd live, and i had provided the same address while i applied for the visa, as Tenancy agreement proof. He will also go with a job offer in hand.
Do you still think it would be a problem ?

Thanks,
anitha

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:49 am

ani29 wrote:hi,

we have relatives in london. therefore we have identified where we'd live, and i had provided the same address while i applied for the visa, as Tenancy agreement proof. He will also go with a job offer in hand.
Do you still think it would be a problem ?

Thanks,
anitha
you can get away with it but you really are not working in the uk or for a uk employer currently, are you?

p9514p
Newly Registered

Post by p9514p » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi anitha

I would like to do the same think which you are going to do, could you give me more information. Did your husband went to UK with a job w/o you as a dependent ???