ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

:?:Can DEPENDANT travel first on HSMP(Tier1 General) Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sm76career
Newly Registered

:?:Can DEPENDANT travel first on HSMP(Tier1 General) Visa

Post by sm76career » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Friends,

I went through this site. It's really very helpful and very informative.
Great that people are sharing their experiences over here so that the new HSMPians do not repeat mistakes and proceed further with load of information.

Hope some experience guys can help me out here.
My query is CAN A DEPENDANT TRAVEL FIRST on HSMP visa's.

Did anyone as a dependant travelled to UK in past....if yes than which major things has to be taken care of . Do they really allow dependant first ???

Hope to see reply soon

ani29
Newly Registered

Post by ani29 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:39 pm

hi,

even i am trying to find an answer for the same query. do you have any info on this ?

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 pm

There is not rule saying on who travels first.

If they have a vaild reason it shouldnt be a problem. ofcourse questions might be asked at the airport. but nothing stops them from travelling first. ASLONG as they have valid visa.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 pm

As I replied in another thread, there is no restriction for the dependent to travel alone.

What you need is enough funds to maintain yourself until the pricipal visa holder arrives and there must not have been any violations of immigration rules.

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 pm

i have read some where in the forum that dependents are not allowed to travel first before the main applicant.

please get it confirmed before you plan the travel. otherwise your spouse might be rejected entry after arriving UK.

republique
BANNED

Re: :?:Can DEPENDANT travel first on HSMP(Tier1 General) Vis

Post by republique » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 pm

sm76career wrote:Hi Friends,

Great that people are sharing their experiences over here so that the new HSMPians do not repeat mistakes and proceed further with load of information.

Did anyone as a dependant travelled to UK in past....if yes than which major things has to be taken care of . Do they really allow dependant first ???

Hope to see reply soon
No dependant can not arrive first to the UK before the primary applicant.

mohit_sap
Newly Registered

A related query

Post by mohit_sap » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 am

And, a related query...

If I(Primary applicant) have mentioned in my application that my wife (dependant) wont be accompanying me on initial visit to the UK, but later on after getting the Visas, we travel together.. :? :? :?: :?:

Is this allowed?.. do we risk refusal for her at the port of entry?

regards,
Mohit.

dnd
Newly Registered

Post by dnd » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:32 am

republique wrote:

Hope to see reply soon
that's my understanding as well. the dependent must arrive at the same time, or after, the primary applicant.

freedom
Newly Registered

Post by freedom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm

dnd wrote:
republique wrote:

Hope to see reply soon
that's my understanding as well. the dependent must arrive at the same time, or after, the primary applicant.

I am an HSMP dependant and I arrived here with my son before my husband although I had been in the UK for past 1 year prior to entry as HSMP dependant. I did remember that they asked me at port of entry to Uk about my spouse. I mentioned that he will be joining another plane to come to UK as both of us could not get on the same plane. That was it and my husband eventually came in one month later.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:14 am

freedom wrote:
dnd wrote:
republique wrote:

Hope to see reply soon

I am an HSMP dependant and I arrived here with my son before my husband although I had been in the UK for past 1 year prior to entry as HSMP dependant. I did remember that they asked me at port of entry to Uk about my spouse. I mentioned that he will be joining another plane to come to UK as both of us could not get on the same plane. That was it and my husband eventually came in one month later.
Hi Freedom,
Thanks for sharing such an vital information. That really gives some hope that dependent can travel first if they give a valid reason.......have u heard of any other reasons which people would have given and been successful. Share if anything specific they look for when the dependent arrive alone and before the principal applicant.

thanks
MM

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:05 pm

This was discussed earlier on the forum. While I maintained the view that the dependent can travel before the main applicant, most respondents held a directly opposite view. One member even came up with an email from HO (in response to his query) which said the dependents can not enter UK prior to the main applicant. This is where we left the discussion.

All those who are planning to do so, drop an email to HO and even if you get a positive response ask your dependents to carry a printout of the email when they enter UK. If you get a negative response then that is it!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 am

push_hsmp wrote:This was discussed earlier on the forum. While I maintained the view that the dependent can travel before the main applicant, most respondents held a directly opposite view. One member even came up with an email from HO (in response to his query) which said the dependents can not enter UK prior to the main applicant. This is where we left the discussion.

All those who are planning to do so, drop an email to HO and even if you get a positive response ask your dependents to carry a printout of the email when they enter UK. If you get a negative response then that is it!!
Hi,
Even i have heard the same.

MM