ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Spouse Dilema

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lakeside1234
Newly Registered

British Spouse Dilema

Post by lakeside1234 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi There,I have a problem ,i am sure it can be solved by the good people on this site.

-I came to the Uk in 2004 on a visit visa
-I overstayed and was caught at my fiance's home in June 2005
-I was removed to my home country August 2005
-I got married to my now British wife on September 2005 in my country
-We moved to Belgium in December 2005

Eventually we moved to Ireland in June 2006 where I got a five year residence permit,since then I have applied and recieved the EU family permit in 2006,2007 and 2008 successfully.
However I applied to go for a masters degree programme in the Uk in January 09 and was denied because of my previous immigration history and the ECO said despite the fact I held a current entry eu family permit to the UK ,she refused it because this was under the UK national Immigration laws.
I find this really funny,as I am entitled to move to the Uk with my spouse on a spousal visa,which we were considering to do sometimes next year,now we are scared we might be refused .
I want advise from this forum on what I should do.I am considering applying for the spousal visa ,I also want advise on where to get a good lawyer to help.Thank you all

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Under what section was your refusal?

If your British wife was coming with you under Surinder Singh cases, then you may (26.15.7) apply for an EEA family permit.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.