ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen immigrating to france

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miele
Newly Registered

UK citizen immigrating to france

Post by miele » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Hello All,

I am a uk citizen I would like to immigrate and work in france, I have a european passport, what is my chance in france or what I need to do to immigrate to france, any reply would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance

miele.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Em,

Move to France?? You can move whenever you like.....you do not need any type of visa as you are an eU national....the most you would have to do is register with the local authorities if you want to stay longer than three months!

See link below

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Moving-to- ... 12208.html

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: UK citizen immigrating to france

Post by Rozen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:24 pm

miele wrote:Hello All,

I am a uk citizen I would like to immigrate and work in france, I have a european passport, what is my chance in france or what I need to do to immigrate to france, any reply would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance

miele.
Perhaps a bit of googling on 'emigrating to France' might help? :roll:

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Do make sure you are fluent in French.

isceon

Post by isceon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:59 pm

You are uk citizen but what are ur origins.This could be an issue in france believe me .
A red passport does not protect the holder of discrimination and beloved.
So unless you have typical european (white)facia I would not advise u to emmigrate to France .

isceon

Post by isceon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:59 pm

even if u are fluent in French

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:03 pm

isceon wrote:You are uk citizen but what are ur origins.This could be an issue in france believe me .
A red passport does not protect the holder of discrimination and beloved.
So unless you have typical european (white)facia I would not advise u to emmigrate to France .
Isceon, isn't this quite a bogus generality? Do you know for a fact that ALL of France is dearly beloved against naturally 'tanned' people? Surely not!

isceon

Post by isceon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 pm

I grew up in France .
I lived 20 years in France.
I was educated in France .
I know the french society.
Sure one cannot generalise as I have thousands of French friends who are wonderfull people but living in france as a different type of person will be very difficult mainly nowadays recession oblige.
Yes Foreigners are still discriminated for education or employment in France.I lived it myself and all my family members experienced it at least once .
I am really saddened to say that but it is the truth.However you probably could find some place in the hexagone where you could have a decent life.
I would have never left France for the Uk otherwise as I love that beautifull country wich I considered mine.

isceon

Post by isceon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Oh I forgot my wife is French so is my kid. :wink:

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:42 pm

isceon wrote:I grew up in France .
I lived 20 years in France.
I was educated in France .
I know the french society.
Sure one cannot generalise as I have thousands of French friends who are wonderfull people but living in france as a different type of person will be very difficult mainly nowadays recession oblige.
Yes Foreigners are still discriminated for education or employment in France.I lived it myself and all my family members experienced it at least once .
I am really saddened to say that but it is the truth.However you probably could find some place in the hexagone where you could have a decent life.
I would have never left France for the Uk otherwise as I love that beautifull country wich I considered mine.
Ok, you can have a valid opinion then! So you and your family left France because of its discriminatory culture? I wouldn't have thought that 'beloved' was that palpable in France.