ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fmrs or eea2..?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colombo
Newly Registered

fmrs or eea2..?

Post by colombo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi,

Just need a quick reply. Iam from Sri Lanka and on a work permit. My wife is from Slovakia. I have been told few different things.

My wife is a full time student. she is not working. so what form do i need to fill in? ee2 or FMRS

My wife does not have a registration certificate. My Wife has been in the uk since 2005. she was working and did not stick to an employer for a full 12 months. she changed them every now and again.

she recently applied for eea1 but since she did not stay with the same employer for 12 months we had to withdraw her application.

she has been a f/t student since sep 2008. so do you reckon eea2 is the correct form?

on the FMRS form there is no option to included details for students.. but eea2 does
I have called home office 3 times just today but the answere were different.

would appreciate your help

Thanks

vinny

Re: fmrs or eea2..?

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pm

colombo wrote:Hi,My wife is a full time student. she is not working. so what form do i need to fill in? ee2 or FMRS
Is your wife still working p/t?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

colombo
Newly Registered

Post by colombo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:42 am

no she is not working.

edro

Post by edro » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:57 pm

colombo wrote:no she is not working.
hi
you can apply for eea1 for her and eea2 for you if she's worked one full year or if she's a full time student even if not working,or apply for fmrs if your partner worked less than one year and working at the moment.