ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation question post ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yarons

Naturalisation question post ILR

Post by yarons » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi

I recently obtained my ILR based on 5 years WP+HSMP.
I have read the British citizenship section on the ukba site and have a fews small question i hope you could help me with.

1. Can one apply 28 days before the end of the 12 months (similar to ILR) or you can only apply exactly 12 months after getting ILR?

2. What sort of proof is required for proving presence in the UK exactly 5 years before the application?

3. I read that the waiting time is averaged at 6 months. Is it still the case? What about straight forward cases?

4. Do they really insist of passport as form of ID if it was used in the 'Life in the UK' exam?
If you used one of these documents to prove your identity when you took the knowledge of life in UK test, you should supply the same document to support your naturalisation application.

5. Are the any employments constraints at the time of application or in the course of the 5 years. i.e. does one need to prove tax paying for the entire duration?

Thanks
Y

jaas

Post by jaas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Using you numbers

01. You can only apply exactly after 12 months....no 28 days before for BC

02. passport

03. very tuff to tell waiting times....can't compare with anyone ...

04..people suggesting to use NCS ....so don't need to submit passport

05. No I think...

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation question post ILR

Post by republique » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 pm

yarons wrote:Hi

I recently obtained my ILR based on 5 years WP+HSMP.
I have read the British citizenship section on the ukba site and have a fews small question i hope you could help me with.

1. Can one apply 28 days before the end of the 12 months (similar to ILR) or you can only apply exactly 12 months after getting ILR?

2. What sort of proof is required for proving presence in the UK exactly 5 years before the application?

3. I read that the waiting time is averaged at 6 months. Is it still the case? What about straight forward cases?

4. Do they really insist of passport as form of ID if it was used in the 'Life in the UK' exam?
If you used one of these documents to prove your identity when you took the knowledge of life in UK test, you should supply the same document to support your naturalisation application.

5. Are the any employments constraints at the time of application or in the course of the 5 years. i.e. does one need to prove tax paying for the entire duration?

Thanks
Y
to point 5
you do not need to be working but you shouldn't be owing tax
thus if need to file self assessment, then you better be up to date.

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the answers.
2 more questions if you may.

what is NCS?
It seem that the general feeling about the new bill is that it won't affect ILR holders. what is the gut feeling of the forum?

munisa

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 am

yarons wrote:Thanks for the answers.
2 more questions if you may.

what is NCS?
It seem that the general feeling about the new bill is that it won't affect ILR holders. what is the gut feeling of the forum?
yarons,
NCS = nationality checking service. This is a service offered by most local authorities to verify completeness of your BC applicatication. For a small fee, they check your documents, make copies and certify them, then post them to HO on your behalf. You retain all your original documents. Hope that helps.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

hi guys what about non EEA holding permanent residence under EEA REGULATION . i,m still getting many opinions from people when i can apply
1 its 1 year after permanent residence held automatically?
2 its 1 year after permanent residence stamped on passport?
thanks for any advice.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:hi guys what about non EEA holding permanent residence under EEA REGULATION . i,m still getting many opinions from people when i can apply
thanks for any advice.
Try looking at the application

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 pm

republique wrote:
hamadauk123 wrote:hi guys what about non EEA holding permanent residence under EEA REGULATION . i,m still getting many opinions from people when i can apply
thanks for any advice.
i looked nothing found!!!

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:
republique wrote:
thanks for any advice.
i looked nothing found!!!
i just spooked to the immigration officer and he said i can apply after completing 6 years residency in uk. he said when i first time held my 5 years residency i said 23 may 2003 he said you van apply this 23 may 2009. so i will go for it.