ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK BADLY IT BY RECESSION - IS IT RIGHT TIME TO VISIT ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am

i think i totally agree with sri_sunny's above post here...

The PM Brown has said something like British jobs for British workers. Infact he meant this for some petro industry crisis... but you find it reflecting into the minds of most employers. I find that people native UK people getting through more easily than us Indians. Apologies if this is offending to others, but I had to bring it out.

Gordon Brown wants the money from migrants, wants to let migrants in so that we can spend our savings in this country. But doesnt want to give us jobs. Migrants are mine fields aye !

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 pm

nksg wrote:Mohan,

Its actually true. Please search internet for the news on the updates for 22nd Feb. They are not implementing any thing now for the dependents but are going to review the situation and if required, their eligibility to work in UK will end. They are also planning to add some more tax on immigrants..

Ill try to find the link..

Regards

N
Sri_Sunny is very right and also what Sashi has told is also correct....i have few known friends and they have confirmed the same.

More important for friends with dependant, what nksg has brought out is very right and very important factor on which we have to take our call.

I suggest let all of us be alert and keep a good watch over the news (TV, NEWS PAPER, WEB etc) for couple of weeks and also same time use our contacts india or abroad to understand & evaluate the situation & share the details on message board.......since this is going to be very important decision of life.....which can TURN on either side.

BEST OF LUCK FRIENDS

MOHAN

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:36 pm

friends,

I am back from uk recently i went there on jan 3, 09 and came back exactly after 2 months
Things are getting worse and worse day by day in uk . recession is on its peak time and mind it worst is still going to come now .
There are no jobs reason beaing if you still have skills and your profile and experience is desperately in demand still then they will not hire you coz now first priority is now given to british citizen .
ie british jobs for british people .
I have seen people who have been out from their high profile jobs and now working as a labourer or a cleaner in a construction company or in stores .
All jobs centers are now demanding your citizenship proof or very few your ILR to register
All the recruitment agencies ask for the citizen proof if you are than they will register but still they do not gaurantee that you will get the job
Lots of Lots british people are free and unemployed
So guys before taking any decision think hard on the facts

deepinder

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

kanwar25 wrote:friends,

I am back from uk recently i went there on jan 3, 09 and came back exactly after 2 months
Things are getting worse and worse day by day in uk . recession is on its peak time and mind it worst is still going to come now .
There are no jobs reason beaing if you still have skills and your profile and experience is desperately in demand still then they will not hire you coz now first priority is now given to british citizen .
ie british jobs for british people .
I have seen people who have been out from their high profile jobs and now working as a labourer or a cleaner in a construction company or in stores .
All jobs centers are now demanding your citizenship proof or very few your ILR to register
All the recruitment agencies ask for the citizen proof if you are than they will register but still they do not gaurantee that you will get the job
Lots of Lots british people are free and unemployed
So guys before taking any decision think hard on the facts

deepinder
Hi Deepinder,
Thanks for sharing the facts which u urself have seen in UK. This is really alarming........just to know more from you, u went their for job hunt and returned back without any ? or u had some different plans. Share if nothing personal.........u r from which field ?

MM

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 pm

My field of expertise are in IT , sales , finance .
I have 2 years of exp in IT and 3 years in sales and finance

but still not able to get a job there .
I have gone to each and every recruitment agencies in london , wales an other places but every time the consultant says that iam sorry you try it some where else and finally says good luck.

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:07 pm

For all those who are new to UK or planning to come here.. would like to share the experiance of one of my friends...

He got the Job within 15 days ..that to on good salary... he was on WP and moved to Tier 1.. He resigned from his parent coompany as he was asked to go back and work from India..

So please stop thinking negative.. there are jobs available.. if you try hard i am sure you will be successful.. ofcourse you need lucj as well..

All the best

inputsOnHSMP

is it worth it?

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:22 pm

i don't it makes any sense for people who have jobs in india to give up your jobs in india and come to uk.
if you are desperate to come to UK, take vacation and come and see how the market treats you.
Native people are definitely being given priority but that is not the isse. the issue is going to be the changes in conditions for immigrants like extra tax, changes to visa renewal conditions and things like that..
add to it the cost of living and the falling exchange rate...
you can float your resume online and if you want, you can buy local landline numbers from skype for 3 months.. but make sure you have a proper broadband(>256kbps) connection ...