ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kums4u
Newly Registered

Employer Letter for ILR

Post by kums4u » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi experts,

Hope someone helps me with this question.

I'm planning to apply for ILR on the 6th April and I'm in the process of preparing myself for the day.

1. I need to know, how earlier I can obtain a letter from my employer about the continution of my employement. I had a letter from my employer from the 1st week of October 2008 extending my assignment in the UK.

2. Is it required that I get a letter from the employer addressing the HO or is the letter above is enough?

3. The dependent wife & kid in the Set (o) means they get ILR as well or is it a dependent visa as in WP category?

Please any help would be very much appreciated

jaas

Post by jaas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Using your numbers

01. Good to have most recent letter..within last month.

02. No ..need to address HO...Myself got ILR with general letter without any problems.

03. ILR (same status).

munisa

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 am

jaas wrote:Using your numbers

01. Good to have most recent letter..within last month.

02. No ..need to address HO...Myself got ILR with general letter without any problems.

03. ILR (same status).
Jaas,
I am in a similar situation. I asked my employer for the letter but they said they can only write a general letter headed 'To whom it may Concern'. They also said they only state that:

Mr XX is our employee on full time and permanent basis and his notional gross salary is £YY.

They have categorically said they cannot write words like 'his employment will be continuing' or 'he is still needed'. Do you think based on your experience my letter will be adequate?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

jaas

Post by jaas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Yes Munisa. Got exactly same letter what you mentioned below (standard format). No problems with getting ILR. Hope you also don't have any problems. Best of luck. Better to carry other latest documents as many as possible incase if required.

munisa

Post by munisa » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 pm

jaas wrote: Better to carry other latest documents as many as possible incase if required.
OMG
Jass,
By this do you mean one should carry utility bills, council tax, TV licence, etc or are there specifics like I carry pay checks for 5 years instead of the 3 months UKBA website states? This process is just too stressful. Horrendous.
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!