ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office check with employer and English language require

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanke2050
Newly Registered

Home office check with employer and English language require

Post by hanke2050 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:52 pm

All,

I have a B.E degree and planning to apply within UK in March.
Just wondering whether the Homeoffice checks with employer for every application? What kind of contact information needs to provided as employer contact?

Also I can find my qualification (Mangalore University).Is there a separate document i need to produce that the degree was taught in english and it is equivalent to UK bachelor degree?

Also i am currently holding valid workpermit for 2 years which is valid until Nov 2010.If Tier1 is refused will there be any impact on Work permit?

Thanks in advance.

cpverma
Newly Registered

Post by cpverma » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm

If the point based calculator allows you to choose your qualification for claiming points for english then you don't have to provide any other document. BIA assesses every qualification on PBS, so if it's there then you are safe.

Since you are switiching from one immigration category to the other, if your tier 1 app is rejected then that'll mean your switch is not successful. That doesn't mean your existing immigration category will be scrapped. I don't have any official knowledge about it but logically it makes sense. Seniors please comment.

I have no idea how often HO contacts the employers.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Home office check with employer and English language req

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Verma is right..
I have a B.E degree and planning to apply within UK in March.
Just wondering whether the Homeoffice checks with employer for every application? What kind of contact information needs to provided as employer contact?
Employer details like Manager/HR/Accounts
Also I can find my qualification (Mangalore University).Is there a separate document i need to produce that the degree was taught in english and it is equivalent to UK bachelor degree?
If your university/qualification is on the PBS calculator.. please submit the PBS Summary with tthe application and that is enough
Also i am currently holding valid workpermit for 2 years which is valid until Nov 2010.If Tier1 is refused will there be any impact on Work permit?
Again verma is correct.. if your Tier1 (G) application is not successful, then your current status will stay as it is..

hanke2050
Newly Registered

Tier1-Degree certificate

Post by hanke2050 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for your previous response.

I am planning to submit my original degree certificate.I can find this in the PBS-Calculator.Just to prove it is 4 years, i am thinking to send the College course compeletion certificate as well. But this ceritificate does not show the university name.

Could you please suggest?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1-Degree certificate

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:51 pm

hanke2050 wrote:Just to prove it is 4 years, i am thinking to send the College course compeletion certificate as well. But this ceritificate does not show the university name.
You do not need to send any docs to prove how many years course it is.. if your course is 4years than choose the option of 3-4years option..

Your ORIGINAL Degree certificate is enough... based on your Degree and Course, they can find how many years it is...

hanke2050
Newly Registered

Payslip showing certain employer's contribution

Post by hanke2050 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks Ramesh for the quick answer.

My employer is contributing to NI.But they add up as gross to net and gross adjustment etc into my gross pay in the pyslip.But basic and other allowances are clearly mentioned.without adding up those unclear items i get 45 points for earnings.

But when i added up my gross earnings i have summed up what is in the payslip. Could you please suggest
1.Do i need to exclude those unclear items while calculating gross earnings.
2.Or i could add and explain anything

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Payslip showing certain employer's contribution

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 am

Gross earnings is Gross Earnings. Some employers want to pay as expenses but mention the same in payslip. All this expenses+allowance contributes to gross earning. If all figures add up to the gross earnings on which your employer is paying NIC then it is fine.

In a nutshell, use Gross salary of your payslip AS IT IS. I have used this for my initial application my application was approved without any hiccups.
hanke2050 wrote:Thanks Ramesh for the quick answer.

1.Do i need to exclude those unclear items while calculating gross earnings.
2.Or i could add and explain anything

Thanks

hanke2050
Newly Registered

Application Approved

Post by hanke2050 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:02 am

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for clarifying earlier.

I sent my application on the 16th-Mar and received Approval on the 17th-Apr.Docs received yesterday.

Thanks so much n good luck to all those waiting