ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependents after 1 year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vks

Tier 1 dependents after 1 year

Post by vks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi friends,

I have been in UK for almost 9 months! My dependents (wife and kid) are yet to join me. They have the VISA, which I took all at the same time. They have not come here yet.

Question:
Would I face any problems at the point of entry from Immigration, when they travel to UK after 10 months?
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:38 pm

The Subject should have been HSMP instead of Tier 1
Regards,
vks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 dependents after 1 year

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:58 pm

vks wrote:Hi friends,

I have been in UK for almost 9 months! My dependents (wife and kid) are yet to join me. They have the VISA, which I took all at the same time. They have not come here yet.

Question:
Would I face any problems at the point of entry from Immigration, when they travel to UK after 10 months?
It should not be any problem (except i dont know what it will be after the new RULE comes from 1st April);

On one of my recent travel, i asked the same qustion to the Immigration officer and he told for dependents its OK, but for main/employee's if you are travelling out of country for long time n coming back... its better to carry a letter from your employer that you are still working with them etc... (Ok i dont want to divert away from your question)

Goodluck

vks

Post by vks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks Ramesh!

I have planned to come on April 3 back with them!
Regards,
vks