ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question in Settlement visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taromiew
Newly Registered

Question in Settlement visa application

Post by taromiew » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Hello

In the spouse visa application, there is a question '[i]Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?' [/i] This requires a yes or no answer.

My husband-to-be was a refused asylum seeker - the home office suggested he should make arrangements to leave the country - he was given the opportunity to appeal but did not and chose to leave the country voluntarily. So, does that mean he should answer YES to this question? He was never deported nor removed.

Many thanks for your response.

blessedlady89

Re: Question in Settlement visa application

Post by blessedlady89 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 am

taromiew wrote:Hello

In the spouse visa application, there is a question 'Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?' This requires a yes or no answer.

My husband-to-be was a refused asylum seeker - the home office suggested he should make arrangements to leave the country - he was given the opportunity to appeal but did not and chose to leave the country voluntarily. So, does that mean he should answer YES to this question? He was never deported nor removed.

Many thanks for your response.

The answer is YES

taromiew
Newly Registered

Post by taromiew » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks blessedlady89. I thought as much.

As he applied for asylum does that mean he should also answer YES to the following question: Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 year?

Thanks again.