ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

motogod
Newly Registered

FLR Rejected

Post by motogod » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:58 pm

hi there,

I am currently here in the UK on a student visa. I have completed one year of studies from stratford college and got my PG in business management. I have got and extension on my student visa for an MBA course from the same college. In the mean while I got a job offer from a company and applied for my HSMP visa which I got.

But my FLR has been rejected because I was told that they need to see the degree certificate issued by my college in UK by a bonafied college. I can get the certificate only after 6 months. I have 15 days to get back to them. I am not very sure why they need the degree certificate issued by my college as I have not claimed points for my education here in the UK as I already have a masters degree from india and I have been studying here legally. Please help

- Moto

Junior0300

October 2004 Changes

Post by Junior0300 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:08 pm

After the changes made in October 2004 only those students can apply for FLR (IED) - HSMP

who have finished degree from UK and they have student visa remaining on their passport

Junior0300

cont..

Post by Junior0300 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:19 pm

PG is not considered as a degree - I am afraid

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:38 pm

Hi Junior,

I have also finished PG diploma in IT. I got HSMP approval, Can I apply from home country as I know i can only apply FLR(IED) if i graduatefrom public institute.

Is anyone out there in similar situation got visa from home country after HSMP approval. Please comment

Ali

Junior0300

As far as I know

Post by Junior0300 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:24 pm

You can only apply for FLR from the UK if you have finished your degree from UK and you are a continous student since after then.

Degree normally includes Bachelors, Masters for sure and I think Phd as well.

But not diploma or Post graduate diploma for sure.
You can apply from your home country the only problem is you will have to provide extra evidence there in your home country, regarding your living arrangements in UK. For example., a statement from any person living in UK that you will stay with him after coming to UK or a reservation in any Hotel.

Regards
Junior

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:49 am

Thanks Junior,

Does that mean that I can go to my home country and apply for an EC clearance from my home country for UK ?

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:02 am

Junior .. could you give me hte URL To the section of the website which talk about the changes as mentioned by you I could not locate it.

so from what I understand this only affects my ability to apply for FLR from within the UK.

After my FLR is rejected will they stamp anything on my passport ?? will I get my HSMP approval letter back ? can I apply again for an EC from my home country ??

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:25 am

well i found the section here it is

My case was rejected under the following clause

131A)
(ii) The student has obtained a degree qualification on a recognised degree course at either a United Kingdom publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bona fide United Kingdom private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance; and

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:59 am

Hi Stitcher,

I m in the same boat but i didnt apply for FLR(IED).I m planning to go to home country and apply from there. What r ur plans.Keep me posted.

Do you know anyone who has got EC from home country after getting HSMP while in uk on student visa.

Kalyami and other moderators, please guide

regards

Ali

Junior0300

FLR or EC

Post by Junior0300 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:41 am

If you apply for FLR you have good chances to get it without any trouble. (If you satisfy the switching conditions).

However, if you apply for EC you need to give proof of your residence arrangements in UK also the immigration officer may verify your details again you provided earlier for HSMP

Regards
Junior

makon

Post by makon » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:50 pm

i think what HO needs is evidence that you actually use your students' visa for studies. If you did a PG then show them the PG certificate and everything should be alright. It must not be a degree's certificate. You have to be aware that some people collect students visa and come to UK without a attending any college or University, that is what they want to stop

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi,

PG Diploma is not acceptable to apply for FLR. One has to get degree (preferably from Public institute) to apply for FLR. Other option is to go to home country and get EC from there.The rule is clear about that

Regards

Ali

motogod
Newly Registered

Post by motogod » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:19 am

ali can I now withdraw my FLR application and go to india to get an EC stamped .. I already have an EC stamped is there any rule like two EC's cannot be issued .. or
one obious question they will ask is when I have a student visa stamped on my passport why did I come back to india to get an EC stamped for my HSMP ..

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:28 am

Hi,

You can definitly withdraw the application and go back to india to apply for EC. I think having two valid visas on passport is not a problem.

You can tell them that you want to change from student to HSMP and in order to do that you need a new EC for HSMP.You can tell them that you cannot get/apply from within UK because you didnt graduate from public university in a degree course. That is what we are going to do. Our deadline is mid of sept and we are traveling in mid to aug to apply. Make sure you take latest bank statement, tenancy agreement, job search/offer /prints/letter, transcript/diploma from uk with you.

I think this is really stupid to ask someone to go back and apply for EC. They shouldnt have two tier process(hsmp/FLR(EC)) for HSMP. Once you get it, you are done

Good luck

Ali